I was blog stalked by Scott tonight.
He inspired me to write.
So here I am...in the middle of the night.
Thinking of all the things I can type.
Cool poem huh? I sure thought so. =] Really though, he is right, I haven't blogged in some time. I do that every now and again...I'm consistent and blog every other day or something; then, I just kind of erase myself for a week or so. *shrugs* I'm here now...still alive and very well =]
These last two weeks have been full of many adventures =] I sure love adventures. They are memories, fun, and always provide good stories. Lucky you...two weeks worth of adventure all wrapped up in one little post. I will start with last Friday because last Friday was seriously just awesome. =] Best day of that whole week.
So. I had this secret date planned out for Scott and I for Friday night and haha, I am so mean, he just kept trying to figure it all out all week long. Well...while he figured out where we were going, he didn't put everything together. I thought I was being oh so clever with all. We went down to Provo and up to Sundance for the Full Moon lift ride. =] But you see, there was much more to it. On our way down, we went to SubZero for ice cream. Peanut butter with graham crackers...easily delicious =P And...with my awesome driving skills, I was able to snack and drive all at once! I know, I know, I am so cool. When we got down to Provo, we stopped by Bridal Veil Falls before we went up to Sundance. I just love Bridal Veil. We were there for probably a good hour before we finished up to Sundance. The lift ride was really cool. The sky wasn't the clearest that night, but the atmosphere was really nice. Here I am with this awesome guy, I ran into Amy, a good friend of mine, before we went up, there are crazy little kids yelling "Marco" half the time and there's this great, gorgeous, full moon. I can tell you this, there is some little kid out there who thinks I am awesome because I yelled "Polo" back to him ;] The ride really was great and when we got back we watched a movie! Surprise. Because that's not something that happens nearly every day ha.
Saturday, we had lunch. A little picnic at the stacked park! It was wonderful, really. Super crazy hot outside, but it was fun. We were seriously the only two people at the park...it was odd, really. I worked all night too. I had a 4-10pm shift. Though, I must say the night shifts aren't as bad because it's cooler and there aren't as many people to deal with. Haha. Scott came and picked me up from work and we went back to my house and chilled with my cousin Matt and his friend Austin. They came down for EFY and we just partied in the backyard. Had a fire, roasted some starbursts....which is my favorite thing ever. Sarah Frye came over too! I don't see her as much anymore, which is kind of really sad. My cousin Matt is so quiet...I don't really know how to handle it! Haha. It's crazy because no one else in his family is that quiet. He's an adventure though. He'll probably turn out just like Tim...the quiet, funny guy that everyone likes. =] That would be my guess.
Sunday, Sarah came over for dinner. My uncle Marlin was there as well. It was a party...my family is crazy. Sarah and I. Haha, oh the conversations we have. If only.....anyway. After dinner, she and I went back to my room and browsed around online for a bit. Maddie Beck came over too and we chatted about life and school and boys and all the sorts that girls talk about Maddie told us about how much she loves cowboys and how at her wedding. "Think of any Tim McGraw song.......and that's my wedding" her words exactly =P Girls are silly. We then decided to be smart and ride my cute little moped up the street and back. It worked...but it was definitely scary. Hahaha, I can't imagine what Scott was thinking when he pulled up and all three of us were sitting on that little thing trying to control it. =] We are just cool.
Monday for ward night, we went up the AF Canyon for a service project. Well, for the first 20 or 30 minutes, we were trapped inside because it was thundering. It was pretty good though. I talked to the Flygare's about my schooling and major and it was really pretty eye opening for me. I've known what I want to do for a couple years now and when I was talking to them about it, they really were pushing me to go for what I wanted to do. I want to add another major, which would add another year or two to my schooling. When I was talking to them about it though, I just kind of knew that, yeah...it will be hard, but won't it be totally worth it? I mean, the only thing that would really stop my schooling right now was if I decided to go on a mission, but even then, I have another year until that. Or if I got married which who ever knows when that's going to happen in their life. So, the way I see things now is that I just go into a counselor, throw out my idea of adding another major and see where life takes me. =] Of course, I will pray about it too.
I have come to the realization that I need to pray and read my scriptures more often. Yes, I do those things, but not every day. Church today, I really thought about that. The talks in sacrament meeting were all about consistency and I loved what I heard. I have a lot I have to tell and ask the Lord =] It kind of excites me with all the questions and stories and experiences I have to share with Him!
Moving right along. =] Tuesday was lots of fun. Scott and I went to Cafe Rio for lunch. He bugged me about how I don't like sweet pork and "blah blah blah" ;] But it was fun. After Cafe, we just kind of chilled at my house for a little while. We watched a movie I believe, probably. I had a reception to go to and he had a quartet practice to go to! The reception was fun. I actually kind of think receptions are awkward. The couple doesn't really want to be there and they talk to like a million people for about 2 minutes each and just stand there all night until it's time for them to dance. That's basically how it goes. But! It was fun because I got to see some people I haven't seen in some time. Bradley Gregory and I talked for a good 40 minutes about school and careers and the such. I saw Melissa, which, as I guessed, was weird. Whenever I'm around her, Lindsey and Maddie, I'm just kind of the odd one out. *shrugs* haha. It worked though because there were other people there. After all that was over, Scott came on by and we went on a walk. There are so few places to go on walks around here.
Wednesday I worked all day long. I am getting really tired of swimming lessons and this next session I have all preschool classes except two. I am not excited. But! When I was done with work, Scott and I went on a walk down by a river. I got attacked by a wet dog, some bugs and was wearing capris so the bushes as well =P But it was fun. You know those giant wishes? They were all along the trail, so I snagged a few of those. Only got one wish though. Scott didn't have such luck ;] He couldn't get all his little seeds off. He came really close on one...after our walk, we went up to a park by his house and stargazed for a little bit. I saw three shooting stars =] I love stars. So much. It was a beautiful night too.
Thursday was pretty dreadful. I am not going to lie. I felt horrible. I had the worst headache of my life. I had swimming lessons, with loud music and screaming and laughing children and cold water and the bright sun. The water seriously hurt to be in. It felt like it was full of little sharp fiber glass something's that were just scratching and stinging me the whole time. It didn't help that I had to lifeguard afterwords either. I didn't last very long though. I was on stand for a half an hour before I started crying and thought I was going to die. I called my mom to come pick me up and I got sent home. I just laid in my basement for a good two hours before I did anything. My head felt like it was going to explode and my body hated me. Scott came over and chilled with me while I was a baby. We watched two movies then went out for ice cream at Orange Leaf with my parents, then a walk. The walk was fun. We went down to the new park and Scott tried adventuring to the river...but it didn't really work out. Instead we just kind of laid and watched the stars =] I was fine with that. Although, when we got up to head back, I thought I was going to die. My head just kind of spun and it took some time to group myself together. Poor Scott Sorry hun. He's so great. He made sure that felt ok before we started walking again. Geez. The whole way back, it was hard to coordinate really. My eyes were ultra sensitive to lights and if we walked too fast, my head just started pounding. It was really something weird....
Friday was a lot of fun! I met up with Greg Fultz for lunch. We've kind of started a tradition I guess. He comes down every year for EFY and a sports camp and on the weekend between the two, we go out to lunch and catch up. He's a long time family friend and since they live in Maryland, we don't get to see them much. So it's nice when Greg comes down and he and I can catch up and update the rest of the family how everything is going. He's crazy though. He's got a lot going on in his life. He runs a lawn and other such business, he's his class president, he plays soccer year round and he's saving up for school and his mission. He's really got everything in line though. It's incredible. After lunch with Greg, I went over to pick up Landon Rogers. Kara's brother-in-law. He and I hung out for little bit, then Maddie came over, then Scott. We all chatted for a little bit. Landon made some milkshakes and then we watched a movie. Haha. Oh I forgot how funny A Knights Tale is. It's a good one. Maddie awkwardly left after that haha. Never came back =P So Scott, Landon and I talked for a couple of hours I think about a lot of different things. Landon is pretty quiet...which is funny because his brother Alex is very outspoken and does not have a filter haha. Scott and I dropped Landon off and swung by Krispy Kreme for some doughnuts. There were hot and fresh too!! So we got two free doughnuts with our purchase. =D So funny story. On the drive home, there was a cop drug stop. Scott and I joked around about the fact that we had doughnuts and said we should offer the cop one. Well here's what happened. I roll my window down, the cop comes over, shines his light around;
"You guys having a good night?"
"Yeah"
"Where you headed?"
"Home."
"Where's home?"
"Alpine."
"You guys have any drinks?"
"No...but we have doughnuts!"
"Hahaha, we have doughnuts too...we're cops"
*chuckles, awkwardness
"You guys have a good night!"
Scott is just so clever!! =D When we got back to my house, we grabbed a blanket and headed back to PG to one of my favorite spots for stargazing =] Those few hours were full of adventures. There was a fire probably 30-45 yards away...if that. This fire truck drove right past us without even stopping too. I mean really, it's the middle of the night, there is a fire up in the mountains and there are two people out, yards away from it, and the firemen don't stop to ask questions? I found it pretty odd to be honest. But it was kind of cool to watch everything happening. We couldn't really see the fire, but we could see the glow get brighter and bigger as time passed. The lights on the fire truck were really annoying, but that was still cool too haha.
Saturday...yesterday(ish) we went to Kneaders for...brunch. =P We got there 3 minutes before 11:00 am so we were able to get their french toast special =] Their french toast is so good....oh how I love it so much. Oh man. Scott has so much patience. Well...not always. ;] But!! When we got back to my house, I did homework for a few hours while he played the piano, talked with my mom, helped me with my homework. It was nice. It actually was easier to get things done too because, while I know I'll see him every day, when he was actually there, it pushed me a little more to actually get more done so we could go out together. Later that evening, we had a date set up =] We went to Courtney Riley's for dinner with her and her fiance, Jake. It was a good time. Oh how much I love Courtney!!!!! We were so close in high school. Oh! She is one of my best friends. When her, myself and Soph are together...we are unstoppable. It's incredible all the things we can get done or create and destroy all at once! So many inside jokes. After dinner, we head down to Provo to hit up Humor U. Well......Court and Jake didn't have tickets and they were sold out. Scott and I ended up selling our tickets to another couple and we called Preston to see what he had planned. He was headed down to Mapleton for a show and fireworks so we all tagged along. =] While the band that was playing was rather annoying...it was still fun. We played frisbee for a little while. Oh my gosh, we had a little ginger kid come in and play. Ok. That was fun. I love little kids way too much and he just kind of stood in the center of our circle and put his hands up until someone would pass the frisbee to him. At one point, he threw it to me and I was totally not paying attention and it nailed me in the arm. 1. That kid has aim. 2. He's got some power behind his throw and 3. he is a pretty aggressive kid...he called me a pansy! Haha. It was pretty funny though. I laughed; so did everyone else =P Not too long after the ginger left, I started failing at frisbee and just sat down. Honestly, it was because my head hurt and I didn't want to think about being coordinated anymore. So, we grabbed our blankets, laid them out and waited for the fireworks! It was a pretty cool firework show...I am not going to lie. Though, the guy in charge talked them up to more than they really were. They didn't even have the cool willowing ones. Those are my favorite =] The drive home was interesting. My head was not happy and my eyes were being all sensitive again so I was buried in my blanket or half sleeping the whole time home. I was pretty exhausted. I was surprised at how tired I was. Ugh. A headache for four days though...that would make anyone tired.
TODAY! My headache disappeared. After church, but it still disappeared. I thought about dying during church though. I kept coughing and it was not fun and it hurt. Dumb sickness. I don't even know what I have. I came home from church and I felt miserable. I took a nap on the couch in the front room and then my friend just kind of showed up. She called me saying she was coming but between the phone call and her actually showing up, I had fallen back asleep; which I find impressive because it only took her like 10 ish minutes to get here. When Lex showed up, she ate some food, I paid her for my painting, and we chatted. I was still kind of sleepy and regathering myself so I was kind of out of it but when my parents came in, I started getting back into life haha. She and my parents talked for awhile. I did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen too! I felt so productive. =P Scott then came over and a little while after, Lex left. Scott, Matt and I went to my Oma's not too long after Lex left and chilled there for a little bit and headed back home to watch a movie.
All in all, it's been a pretty busy couple of weeks. I work all the time and have my homework creeping on me. Oh! So I have to make up a supply list for my RA job and I am so excited. Listen. My theme is "Just Do It" and each month I am going to change the idea. Things like, spirituality, scripture study, daily prayer, school work, fasting, tithing, family, friends. etc. etc. I'm working on it still. But I have my main idea =] I am going to have their name tags be the Nike Swish and I am trying to decide if I want it to be in all different colors, or if I should just have them be in the white? Meh....I'll figure it out =P I am excited.
A touch of positivity. Life, as of late, has been the best it's ever been! I'm happy. Genuinely happy. I'm closer with my parents, I can talk to my sister and am closer with her as well. One of my closest cousins is back in states and I am able to talk to him more often again which is really great. He's probably my favorite cousin =P *shhh. School starts soon and I am excited to start my job as an RA.
Scott is absolutely wonderful. He's great to me, I trust him and I am simply happy when I am with him.
I feel like I am myself again.
I am working to be my best, and how I live my life helps me to Keep Moving Forward
No comments:
Post a Comment