Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Firework Show

Alright, before I get into yesterday and all the adventures I endured.  I must tell you about my first firework show of this festive month.  I went out with my friend, Clark Wilcox, Saturday night.  I met him through my cousin Karlie and we kept in touch until he went on his mission.  I never wrote him =[ I am a horrible friend.  But when he came back, we got back in touch and Saturday finally had the chance to get together.  It was too fun.  He's a funny kid.  We went to Riverton, where he lives, and went to a carnival.  We stopped by my cousins house and they weren't home.  Ironically, they were on the street driving home as we started heading out so we were able to catch them.  It was nice to see them.  I hadn't seen Karlie since like, November and her parents I haven't seen in much, much longer.  We talked a lot about just about everything.  Clark and I explained how we knew each other and then we headed over to the carnival.  We met up with some of his friends, then went to go grab something to eat.  While we were eating, there was this hugely long firework show.  There were like four finales (sp?) and it lasted like an hour.  It was insane. But it was fun to just be there at this huge carnival and catch up with him.  The night was full of silly questions and just further getting to know each other and funny stories.  


Yesterday was the Fourth of July! I find this holiday exciting.  I mean, sure you get to blow things up and everything and everyone is loud and stuff.  But you know the best part?  Dad doesn't have to work, there are festivities all day long and then you get to spend time with awesome friends all night long.  Curfews are extended, and throwing fireworks at cars are ok.


However, working at 5:00 in the morning is not the most exciting way to start your day.  I mean, yeah it's an adventure because everyone is so tired that nothing makes sense and while you're sitting there on stand, watching the 4 people who actually come to swim at 5:00am, you come up with some pretty good theories.  The rotations are 30 minutes that early and there really were only 4 people in the pool until about 5:45.  So, carefully observing which lanes these people were swimming, I based their level of confidence.  


First, there was this man, I'd guess in his higher 40's.  He was in lane 3.  It's not quite the middle, but it's next to the middle lane.  Therefore, he felt that he wasn't quite good enough to be in the middle and lead the way. (In competition, the fastest swimmer is in the middle lane and the outside lanes are the slower times).  He had a good stroke and could swim pretty well, but not quite at that top level yet. 


Second, another man.  he was probably around the same age, but not quite in the best shape.  He wasn't even in a lane and swam next to them.  Thus, he strives to be in those lanes and is working to get there but he is still learning and growing. 


Third, a woman.  She was probably around 30.  She got herself in lane 1.  This lane, in competition is typically the slowest time.  She knew what she was doing, but her strokes weren't efficient.  She knew that she can do better but stuck where she was most comfortable.  She can go for awhile without tiring because of this, therefore getting a lot done in a short amount of time, but just needs more practice. 


Finally, a 20 year old woman.  She got in lane 4.  She knows what she's doing, man.  She tested the water, jumped in and went straight for it.  She knows what she's doing and she isn't afraid to show that she's worked hard to get where she is. She was built like a swimmer and had a beautiful stroke.  She's comfortable where she is and knows that she could accomplish what she got in to do!


Yes, that was what I came up with while I was watching them all swim in the morning.  It was pretty fun, actually. 


A few hours into work, my old swim coach, Dee Loose, asked me to make a doughnut run to Kohler's and bring back 3 dozen doughnuts.  Totally did.  I felt awesome.  It was way too fun and hey, I got some doughnuts out of it so it worked out great.  Geez.  Let me tell you though...after work. I had so much energy.  I had a major crash though and totally slept for like, 2 hours.  


After my lovely nap, Scott called me and came over and we made brownies.  Haha.  We are too cool.  I was playing the piano when he came over and didn't notice when he pulled up.  Who knows how long he was standing at my door but ugh.  I am not too sharp on the piano so that's cool.  He, on the other hand.  I love that he just played the piano.  He looked through the book I was playing from and chose his favorite one and played it...no problem.  It was awesome.  I love watching people play the piano.  After that, we started out brownie adventure.  Of course, we don't have any oil so I had to run over to my neighbors house to grab some.  Scott stuck around with my dad for that little bit and went back to the piano.  Super.  I just made the batter while he played because it made me happy.   On the down side though, I didn't remember how much oil I needed and didn't take the right guess.  Don't worry though, the brownies still turned out just fine =]  


Fireworks were pretty cool I suppose.  Since ariels are now legal, there were a bunch of those and my parents, Scott and I just kind of partied with our most awesome fireworks.  They were pretty good though.  Haha.  We always tried to light all of the same type of fireworks at once.  Scott was definitely better at that than me.  After we were done, we head over to Sarah's for a little bit but ended up leaving to watch a movie.  On the bright side...I made it on the roof and back.  Haha. Scott stepped in dog poop =P Hahahaha. It was silly. AHH!!! And, he let me drive his car.  It's a manual.  I was totally happy.  I'm a little rusty, but not as bad as I thought I'd be ;] When we got back to my house, we watched August Rush.  Love that movie.  Neither of us had seen it in awhile so that worked out well.  We talked and joked around about the movie and it was a good time.  


My brownies are still alive and well in the pan.  My dad came in this morning at 5:00 asking where the car keys were....so that was cool.  Sarah called me at 9:30 and woke me up hehehe. Then she came over at 10:00 and we chatted about the rest of our nights, our plans for Lexi tomorrow, for it's her birthday!! And we watched music videos.  It was a good release and quite relaxing.  We were both in our pajama's.  My hair looked cooler than yours, even when you try.  Yup, see.  Even got my glasses on =P This picture makes me look like I'm pretty ok in the mornings.  Nope.  My hair was everywhere.   We made chocolate chip waffles too =] Yummmmm.  It was great.  Now, I am here.  Wasting time before I leave for work in about an hour.  Then, who knows what the rest of my night holds.  But you know what?



I have awesome friends.  I love where I am at right now and that's what I use to Keep Moving Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment