Sunday, February 22, 2015

SNOW Much Fun to be ONE!

One.  One.  It's such a simple number, simple word.  One.  But for some reason, I'm having a hard time speaking it, typing it even.  One.  O.N.E.  Melia is ONE!  When on earth did that happen?  Has it really been a full year already?  I swear a month or five was skipped this year.  My baby girl can't be one already?  Yet she is somehow and she couldn't be cuter.  


Week 1:

So, I’ve been so great about keeping a document with each week and it’s adventures.  Somehow this month I had written down “Week 1: with all of “Week 2” things so I am missing what happened this week.  January 23, one of my great friends, Kelsie, had her baby shower!  It was so great to see her and her cute pregnant belly and all the friends from Freshman year of college I haven’t seen in awhile.  Kelsie is doing really well!  She looks so cute!  I’m probably just as excited for their baby boy to come as they are!  I just love Kelsie and I’m excited that she can join the Mom Club with me soon!  Baby boy is due ANY DAY NOW!  COME BABY EARL!  MARRY MELIA IN 25 YEARS!  

Week 2:

Saturday Scott and I went to the Apple Store in the Murray Mall to get a new power cord for my computer.  Afterwards we browsed around for a new dress for me.  We found this really beautifully simple dress that I loooovveee and feel so wonderful in.  We noticed a price tag that said it was $50 so we thought, "Wow!  That's a great, beautiful dress for a reasonable price!" So I tried it on and planned to buy it.  WebTV I got out of the changing room, Scott pointed out that it’s $160…so we didn’t buy it and I’m still sad about it.  Oh well.  After we finished dress browsing, we went to lunch at Braza Grill.  Yummmm.  I love Braza Grill.

On Monday I went down to Provo to a birthday dinner for my friend Elise!  She’s home from her mission and I got to see her finally!  Oh man she looks so great!!  I sure love that girl; I was so happy to see her.  We went to Red Robin in Provo for dinner and it was a lot of fun.  It was also quite delicious.  Yummm.  I just love food is what it really comes down to. 

On Friday of this week, we went on a double date with some friends.  Reagan, my friend from
Women’s Chorus and Elan from swimming joined us on a blind date and bowling.  It was pretty fun.  We bowled two rounds, the second of which Elan and I bowled pretty much identical frames the first half of the game.  We went to DP Cheesesteak afterwards and it was delicious.  Again, I just love food.  That what it comes down to.  I had a lot of fun, at the very least.  We laughed and joked and had a lot of fun through the afternoon. 

On to Melia this week.  She has started picking up more words!  She’s saying “Buh-buh” when we tell her to say “Bye-bye” and still workings on “Mama”, “Papa” and a few others.   She is also still working on sleeping well.  It’s going back and forth.  I think she’s just growing, really.  She FREAKED out Wednesday night and just wouldn’t sleep.  I died, really I did.  I don’t think I got more than two hours of sleep and when morning came around I just felt awful and sick and totally exhausted.  But she’s still as cute as ever.  She LOVES giving kisses to anything (except Scott and me) and she’s even started to blow kisses; it’s so dang cute.  I just love this girly of ours!


Week 3:

This week was mostly about getting ready for Melia’s birthday party in a week.  I did a lot of crafts and cake baking.  On Saturday, we spent the entire day out as a family and shopping; it’s always nice to just have a day out.


On Monday, my back really started hurting.  To the point where I just couldn’t do anything because everything I did hurt.  So Scott convinced me to go to a chiropractor and I set an appointment up for the next day.  So when Tuesday came around, I went to my appointment and he did his assessment and told me that my right hip is twisted in backwards and slipped slightly out of place.  So that’s cool.  I’ve seen him a few more times after that and it’s really been helping.  If I don’t watch what I’ve done for the day and work myself too hard, it really kills me by the end of the day and falling asleep is nearly impossible.

On Tuesday we also started Melia on her “Big girl” food.  We are giving her “real” meals and only using the baby food when we go out just to finish it up.  She’s transitioning really well.  She loves chicken, peas and strawberries and she’s more than happy to sit with us and eat a meal that looks like a meal!  I’m excited to get out of the baby food stuff.  Melia has popped out so many words this week; all of a sudden.  She is saying “Boo” “Wow” and “Baby” and while we were grocery shopping one day, Scott had Melia while I was looking for something else and she just started calling out, “Mama” in the middle of the store!  She also started saying “Dada” and she knows the difference between the two.  If I ask her, “Melia, can you give Dada kisses?” or “Go show dada (or papa)” she will go right up to Scott and do it!  Same when she’s asked to show me or give me kisses.  She is so smart and learning so quickly!  It blows my mind! 

Week 4:

We started this week off great with Saturday being Valentine’s Day!  I woke up to breakfast in bed made by Scott because he’s the most amazing husband in the world.  He made me French toast and a smoothie that was just delicious.  Super delicious.  We then got ready for our family photo shoot for Melia’s birthday.  It was a lot of fun!  Melia was a little grumpy and wiggly because she skipped her nap, of course, but I am confident that we will have beautiful pictures. 
After the photo shoot, we went home and got everything ready to have a night out in Provo.  Josh volunteered to watch Melia for us overnight and we got everything ready for him as well.  She was really good for him which is nice to know.  Scott and I went to Little Italy in Provo for dinner and had some good food.  It was quite good.  We went back to our hotel afterwards, watched a movie, ate chocolates and watched comedians (only because I was bawling after finishing the movie.  Don’t pick sad romantics for Valentine’s Day…) but it really was a great night.  When we got up in the morning, we got ready for church, ate some breakfast and left to get our girly.  It was a great little escape for a night. 

Monday was the holiday and I finally finished Melia’s party decorations!  WOOHOO!  It’s all so cute I am way excited =]  I just can’t wait for her party. 

Tuesday poor Melia was sick.  She had pink eye and was acting super needy; cuddly and tired all the
time.  We bought some plain old eye drops to try and flush it out before her birthday.  It seemed to be helping quite a bit, but when she woke up on Friday with a really red eye and a lot of gunk around it, I called the doctor and they sent a prescription eye drop to Walmart.  That is working quite well, by this morning, HER BIRTHDAY!  You couldn’t even tell and she’s had no more gunky eye. 

Before we talk about her party, Friday was quite eventful as well.  We got some things ready for her party.  My mom helped me make sugar cookies; she made the dough, helped me cut them out, iced them with my dad and I finished with the white chocolate snowflakes on top and some sprinkles.  I went down to Provo to pick up my friend Elise so she could come to the party and it was so great!  I felt so bad because we stayed up so late decorating and getting things ready for the party but she helped SO MUCH and saved our butts.  When we finally got to bed after 2:00am, I was so nervously excited for the day to start I could hardly stand it. 

Saturday!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!  MELIA IS ONE!  I don’t know how it happened.  I really don’t.  But she’s so wonderful and we love her!  I started the batter to the cakes and got about halfway through them when we had to leave because Scott and Melia both had a dentist appointment at 10:00 and 10:30.  Elise saved our butts again and finished making the cakes (even though there were 4 pans to make!)  At the dentist, we ended up just getting Melia in and Scott rescheduled his because the dentist was behind schedule.  We then went to Walmart to get the balloons for the party and some drinks.  By the time we got home all that was left to be done was ice the cakes and set the table up with the little things I had planned.  I called my mom to come over because I was in panic mode thinking I wasn’t going to finish in time and it was a good thing too.  My mom and Elise helped finish what I would have never had time for.  As I iced Melia’s Smash Cake, Elise iced the other cake that we were serving to everyone and my mom set up the table with the table cloth and decorations.  My friend Sarah, who took our family pictures, came a little early and helped with the cakes and took some pre-party pictures.  She is SO SWEET and printed and framed two pictures for us; one of Melia and one of the three of us.  They are both so cute =]  As people started showing up, things were finished just in time.  We got everyone seated and started the fun!!  We thanked everyone for coming; everyone being my parents and my grandma and Aunt Diane, Scott’s Gma and Pops, our friend Mike, Scott’s family, TC and Hannah, Elise, Sarah and Preston and Liz.  It was great!  TC and Hannah let me know that they were going to be late so we
opened presents first, which was incredible.  We are so blessed with wonderful family and friends.  Melia got a lot of fun stuff; a new stuffed dog, a couple dolls, some stacking toys and bucket of toy shapes with a lid with the shapes cut out in them, some new books that have a toy that reads to her, some cute new clothes and shoes, the most amazing handmade “Quiet Book” and a darling chair.  We have such friend friends and family.  After presents, TC and Hannah still hadn’t made it and I called her to check where they were; I didn’t want them to miss the smash cake.  She said to go ahead without them.  The cake was so much fun!! We laid a big tablecloth down in the (carpeted) front room because everyone was already sitting there.  That was a bit scary.  We changed Melia in her SUPER CUTE smash outfit, lit a candle and sang happy birthday to her and I helped her blow out the candle.  We let her just kind of experiment by herself first and she wasn’t quite sure what to do with the cake.  She poked it, took some sprinkles off only to put them back on (she’s really good about putting things away which is a miracle) and she would lean over it like she was just going to dive in face first, but never did.  So I took her hands and dug them into the cake for her and then she got started and just went all for it.  She loved it!  She got her hands all in it, ate a bunch of it and stuck her foot in it.  She tried to share her cake too haha.  It was so great.  SO GREAT!  We were all just laughing so much because Melia was loving it so much.  I am more than excited to get the pictures Sarah took for us.  It will probably have a blog post all on it’s own when we get them =] 



Melia is such a blessing in our lives.  We love her so much.  I really can hardly believe that a year has come and gone.  She’s grown and learned so much and she’s beautiful as ever.  She loves people, she loves animals and she loves books.  She will dance on the spot the moment she hears music and says “Hi” to everything.  She loves to snuggle and be outside, she loves Mickey Mouse and she loves bath time.  As sad as I am to admit it, she’s growing up fast.   Melia is going to be an outgoing, caring, optimistic girl and I can’t wait to see her grow up; it’s scary and going to fly by, but we will love and encourage her every step of the way.  We will all Keep Moving Forward.     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment