I think I am so nervously excited about Melia
turning one that month 11 went by sooooooo slllooowwwllyy. But the day
has come! Our baby girl has blossomed so much this month!
![]() |
| To not only show how slowly this month went, but to show off her adorable Christmas PJ's from Grandma Siebach |
Christmas was this week! How fun was
that!? I do feel a little bad because I didn't take as many pictures
*ahem...none* as I had thought I would. But it was a lot of fun. A
lot of family, a lot of fun. This year, Christmas was my parent's year.
Because they have my grandparents over every year, we were able to spend
an hour or two with Scott's family in the morning before we went over for
Christmas. We missed all Scott's siblings presents, but we opened ours
haha. Let me tell ya'll something. I love to cook, I love food, I
love
trying new things. I would love to go to culinary school and if you
ever want dinner, just hit me up, we'll set up a date. You name it, I'll
make it. So this year, I had a pretty perfect Christmas; it's almost like
everyone was on the same page for gifts. I literally cried at one point.
I received a food processor, a Bosch, Jacques Pepin's second edition of
La Technique, an awesome cutting board set, a pasta roller and ravioli maker.
Pretty great. I am so excited and have already used most of it.
Scott got a single bottle blender (which he is loving since ours broke),
a new wallet, a few BYU jackets/shirts, the entire series of Calvin &
Hobbes. Melia was spoiled to death with all sorts of clothes and toys.
She got so many cute, new winter appropriate outfits. She got a
walker that she loves! It has a toy attached to the front that plays farm
noises and songs that she's been going nuts over. Melia also got a red
wagon, a new library, some stuffed animals and my parents got her a convertible
carseat which she has desperately been needing. I am so grateful for how
supportive our families are and how they spoil us and Melia. We are truly
grateful for all they do for us
Week 2:
This week was the typical after Christmas
experimenting with presents. The first thing I did was make fresh pasta.
Yuummmm. Love it. We had a few friends over this week too
which is always fun!
Daniel and Camille were in town for the holidays so obviously we had them over. We had some fun playing one of their new games, Monopoly. Though, it's not the boring old slow-going Monopoly. It's called Empire Monopoly (if anyone wants to donate the game to us, we're all for it haha). It's a super fast version of the game; we were able to play like 3-4 games plus some other card games as well. It's always fun to have friends over. I love our friends. Except they're being stinkers and MOVING FURTHER SOUTH! You bugs. We always have a problem saying goodnight when they come over. By like, 11pm they said they were going home. Finally when 1:00am rolled around, they decided they really were going home. That's usually how it goes with them; it's great!
![]() |
We also had Preston and Liz over and we ALSO played games; Settlers of Cataan to be exact. It was like another speed version though and it was a lot of fun. Liz was thrilled that she beat Preston because he usually beats her at the game haha. Melia showed off a little bit for them and then went to bed pretty easily, which was nice.
Melia had a doctors appointment this week to look at her eczema. Poor girly had like 10 different spots of red, bumpy eczema. Mostly on her tummy, but it went around to her shoulders and back. The doctor gave us a prescription cream and it's helped a TON. She also told us to not use scented Johnson & Johnson's soaps and lotions as it can dry out babies' skin. So, Mommy friends, keep that in mind. We've been using Dove soap for bath time and a Cocoa Butter for her lotion. It's helped kept her eczema at bay and I'm not too worried about it coming back. Yay for doctors and medicine!
Scott and I had a wonderful moment at the store
on New Years Eve. We needed to buy formula for Melia and decided to do a
quick stock up on some other essentials; meat, canned beans, eggs, flour, etc.
As we were standing in line, Scott was talking to the cashier and we were
talking to the woman behind us as well. Melia was being all cute and
waving to the two women and they were asking how old she was. Scott and I
were talking to the cashier about Melia's developments and how her 7 month old
was doing when the woman behind us leaned in towards Scott and asked, "Can
I buy your groceries today?" It took all I had to not cry when I
thanked her and as Scott replied, "That would be really nice."
We thanked her a few more times as the cashier handed us $40 cash.
This woman just spent $123 on perfect strangers; she made up the
difference in what we were short of for the pay period. God has a clever
way of letting us know He is still there. I am grateful for Him and for
this woman who made this month a little less stressful. Pay it forward,
do good for others.
Melia has started saying "Hi" to everyone and everything she thinks might need it. It's really adorable. She will look at something or someone and wave and say in her cute little Melia voice, "HI!" If it's a person, she'll say it until they say it back to her. Oh how much I love this baby girl of ours. She will say hi to the window, to a magazine, she will say hi to the animals in her books, anything. Sometimes it takes her a minute to warm up to a person; usually if she just woke up from a nap. But other times, like in the morning when she wakes up from her snuggles with Mama and Papa, she will pop right up, turn to Scott, wave and say "Hi" give him kisses and turn and do the same thing to me. OH MY GOSH! It melts my heart. I desperately want to catch it on video but I never know when it's going to happen.
![]() |
| Melia has loved climbing into small boxes lately |
Saturday, we went to the petting Zoo with my parents down at Thanksgiving Point. My dad bought a year pass that allows both my parents, any grandchildren and two guests in for free at all the Thanksgiving Point venues. Melia loved the zoo. We had it all to ourselves and took our sweet time. She wanted to touch every animal. The goats and the sheep were right up and friendly with us; just ready to be pet. She loved it. We also were able to put Melia on a pony! They had a little circle set up with some ponies strapped in and I walked along side, holding Melia up on the pony as we went around and around. She was giggling and waving and saying "Hi" as we rode the pony. She loved her pony, gave her lots of love and pet her tons while she was on her. We also went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity; Melia was so tired that she hated most of it. Silly babe. We started her off in the water seat because it's Melia, she loves water. Not today. She cried and was so frustrated until we took her out. Next time, babe, next time. She was pretty good about the rest of it, was interested in everything they had for her to play with. They have in the basement this little toy where they have holes and balls; you put the ball in one hole, it comes out on the other end. Melia caught right on! She just grabbed a ball and stuck it in the hole, just like that. She played with that for probably 30 minutes and could have easily kept going haha.
Week 3:
I went back to work this week. It's nice to be back. I was going a little stir crazy over the break. I am definitely not a Stay-At-Home-Mom. Power to all you who can do that. Maybe it would be different it were summertime. We'll see =] One day, I came home and just needed a bath. You know what I mean? So I ran myself a bath and Melia just came booking it down the hall. Scott was making dinner while I was taking my bath so he couldn't help me. Melia soaked herself from the side of the tub. She was just going wild splashing and giggling and loving every second of it.
Speaking of water; I had a swim lesson with Scott this week! As nervous and reluctant as he's been to let me teach him, he did really well. We just worked on Freestyle and we were able to perfect his stroke. We just broke it down like I would teach anyone and he picked it up well. He was nervous that he wouldn't be able to gain endurance in the water but even in the hour that we swam, his endurance really improved. I am one proud swimmer wife here! We're going to keep up the lesson plan and work on the four main strokes. Watch out, here comes a new swimmer!
Preston and Liz told us about this company called Hello Fresh. They send you a box with ingredients for 3 meals for 2 people or 4 people. We have this awesome promo code E9GX92 that if you use it, you get a $40 discount. Trust me, it's worth it. We just had our first meal with it and have loved it. TRY IT!
Over the weekend, I was one very sick Mama. I had the flu, good thing that flu shot worked so well this year. I was so worried about getting Scott and Melia sick so I tried really hard to wash up as often as possible and stay away. Though, one day, I pretty much slept the entire afternoon. Because I was sleeping, Scott took Melia upstairs to play with the siblings. When I went back up after I woke up, Melia was so excited to see me. When we got back downstairs, I was laying on the ground and got
attacked with kisses from Melia! It was the cutest thing ever. She just came right up and crawled all over me and smooched the heck out of me. It helped me a lot. But by the time Tuesday rolled around, I just couldn't do it. Scott dropped Melia off at at my mom's so that he could go to work while I stayed home. Good thing too, I was so weak and so sick that I could not have handled Melia by myself. I'm very grateful for my mom and all her willingness to help me when I need it.
Week 4:
Ok, this week has a lot to do about Melia. She has such a HUGE personality! It's just started to blossom and I am LOVING it! She just loves everything. She's not afraid of food, animals or trying anything. She is walking around whenever she can, trying hard to run even! She loves carrying around her stuffed animals and snuggling with soft, fuzzy pillows and blankets. She loves tomatoes and applesauce. I've successfully made giraffes her favorite animals and she loves jazz music. She dances, in beat, with the music she hears and loves when we sing to her. Melia loves playing the piano, laughing and bath time. Our baby girl is growing up fast!
![]() |
| This is how Melia plays "Peek-a-Boo!" |
Melia has been doing her best to repeat words. She definitely says, "hi" and "boo" and she's working on "Mama" and "Papa" and what sounds like, "Hello" It's crazy to see how quickly she is learning. She knows which books are her favorite and she is determined to make a mess of her bookshelf to find it when she wants it. She will give the animals in her books kisses, with the "muuuah!" sound effect and everything! She sort of moo's when she see's cows, she definitely meows when she see's kitties and she laughs when she see's sheep. She is just a great big bundle of joy!
Scott and I have started our work-out routine. We both want to lose some weight and get in better shape. We've had this goal for awhile but just never put it into effect; we always said that it's too hard with Melia to worry about and we don't have time with our crazy busy schedules. So we finally sat down and made time! I'm excited and after just one day (yes, one day), I'm feeling better already.
Today was crazy for us. My mom text me around 9:00am asking if I wanted to come over and help babysit/have a play date with my cousin's little boys. My cousin Lauren has two energetic boys that are cute and fun as can be. Lauren had a doctor's appointment today and needed someone to watch. My mom took up the babysitting job and I came over to help. Well, I went over to my moms around 11:00am and my mom was out with friends at lunch and got home around 1:20pm, expecting Lauren and her boys at 2:00. Maybe a half an hour later, my mom noticed that her mom had called several times. My grandpa, my mom's dad, had been out to lunch with his old co-workers and collapsed. They had called 911 and were taking him the the hospital. My grandma was really stressed about it and my mom didn't know what to do because Lauren needed someone to watch her boys. I told my mom to leave, that I would watch the boys and I called Scott. Scott came right over when he heard what had happened and my dad came home too once my mom got a hold of him. It was actually pretty crazy how everything went down. I had to call Scott a few times not knowing that he was interviewing someone at work and my mom called my dad without knowing that he had just started a meeting. My dad later explained to me that he usually never takes his phone into his meetings but had it with him and was grateful he heard it ringing when it did. His meetings can last a while sometimes. My grandpa's blood pressure had bottomed out and his heartbeat was unstable. After a few hours, they released him to go home. Grandpa has a cardiologist appointment tomorrow and they're going to make sure that everything really is ok. It was scary. I'm glad to know he's ok enough to be home and with us another day.
No matter how scary life is sometimes, or the craziness that gets tossed at us, I know that we have a Father in Heaven watching over us and knows exactly what we need. With His love and His hand, we will Keep Moving Forward.







No comments:
Post a Comment