Monday, April 6, 2015

And So It Goes

It's been a crazy insane month after Melia's birthday.  I can hardly believe that it's been a month already; the time has just flown by.  A lot has happened this month, we've definitely been busy.  I suppose I should get going!

I was not good at all about keeping a week-by-week record so this will be a "to the best of my remembrance" sort of post.  Also, I am terribly sorry, but there won't be many pictures.  My phone is broken so I am actually using Scott's phone and can't sync the pictures through his phone to my blog.

Melia's cute little personality has really come through a lot more this month; she's so energetic and loving and sociable.  She is very strong willed and stubborn (she gets the stubbornness from her Mama).  She has a playful heart and is caring.  As much as she doesn't want to admit it, she loves snuggling.  But of course, snuggles mean sleepy time and heaven forbid this girl sleep.  She doesn't like to miss a thing and tries her very hardest to stay awake at all times.  She loves talking, and playing with her feet.  She is learning to feed herself with her spoon and won't let Mama or Papa help her once the spoon is in her hand.  She prefers to feed herself with her LEFT hand and giggles while she does it.  She has learned how to walk backwards and throw tantrums. She loves playing with the spring doorstops and closing and opening doors.  She knows what the birdies, kitty, monkey and lion all say and just learned the doggy, too.  She giggles when people fall down, herself included and loves slides.  She begs to go outside everyday and loves every second she's out there!  She's stronger than I would imagine a 13 month old to be and loves carrying things around to show off to everyone.  She loves food and eating it off anyones plate but her own, even if it's the same food.  She LOVES cheese and asks for me to open the fridge, just so she can grab a bag of shredded cheese and asks for "more" both in word and sign language.  She is an escape artist and knows how to climb like a trained rock climber.  She knows how to find things when we ask her, "Where's the socks?"  or "Where's the kitty?" in her word books and flashcards/picture cards.  Melia loves shoes and wants to wear her high tops all the time.  She knows that dirt is for spreading in the flowerbeds.  She has a favorite video that sings "Wheels on the Bus" and is constantly waving her hands in circles saying, "wound, wound" so I will turn it on for her.  Melia loves bubbles and bubble baths.  This girly just grows and grows every day; her interests amaze me with how similar they are to either Scott or me and we love watching her grow.   

I want to say that I’ll be good at keeping up with life on a monthly basis, don’t think that will be the case haha.  This month our world got all switched around.  Scott leaves for work at 6:15 every morning and gets home around 4:00pm.  It’s great to have him working so much, but it does mean that I am at home with Melia all day without a car.  So I don’t get out much anymore…I’m just so busy entertaining our little busy-bee of a toddler. 



Melia is a lot smarter than we realize.  It’s crazy to watch her learn; I mean really.  She picks up on things crazy fast.  We have been brushing her teeth since they popped up and have made it a point to brush with her so she see’s that it’s a good thing.  Well, now when we say it’s time to brush teeth, she knows exactly what to do; she grabs her toothbrush, I put toothpaste on it, we get it wet together and off she goes, brushes her top teeth and her bottom teeth and just kind of swishes it around in her mouth.  When I say it’s time to be all done, I pick her up, she takes the brush out of her mouth and puts it under the running water and we put it away.  She just knows what to do with it.  She’s like that with a lot of things.  She totally understands what it means when I say it’s time to eat and she goes right to the fridge.  If I ask her if she wants to go outside, she will grab me a pair of matching shoes, she’s known  for months now how to put her jackets on and she is just learning what we do with fingernail clippers.  It’ll be some time before I let her do that by herself of course, but she knows what they’re for.  Awhile back now, a month or so before she turned one actually, I thought it would be fun to see how well she handled her spoon by herself.  As I scooped up some of her cereal I said, “Scoop and bite” and then let her try it.  Seriously, first try.  She loves using her spoon and always gets it in her mouth.  She may not get much on the spoon every time, but the spoon gets to her mouth!  She is just so smart and picks up words and noises and ideas so well.  I think she will be very teachable. 

She is also great at non-verbal communication.  If she wants to go outside, she will either bring me her shoes, go knock on the front door or grab a jacket.  If she is hungry she will go to the fridge and babble, she will bring me a bib or put both hands on her chest then point towards her highchair. 
When she wants to read a book, she goes to her bookshelf, grabs a book and plops down on one of our laps.  I seriously love this girl with all my heart! 

ALSO!  MELIA FINALLY GETS THE WHOLE SLEEP THING!  Geez.  She would sleep in spurts throughout the night; put her down around 8:30 or 9:00 and she’d wake up between 12:00 and 2:00.  Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying.  I think it’s safe to say we are finally past that.  Cross your fingers and say a little prayer, no joke.  We have been totally lost about the whole, not sleeping thing, because we’d done several different methods of sleep training to no avail!  Obviously, or this wouldn’t be such a big deal…We’re still working on a specific nap time but we’re at least getting a nap during the day. 

In the lives of Scott and I, March has been an eventful one.  Like I mentioned earlier, Scott switched jobs, which has been really good for us.  This new job had a party a few weeks ago that was way fun.  It was Vegas themed so Scott wore his tux and I wore one of my high school prom dresses.  We played blackjack and ate hors d'oeuvres and had a caricature drawn of us that we totally love.  My parents babysat for us, which was really nice.  It’s always great to have a night out for just the two of us.  Scott’s birthday was the 29 of March.  We mostly celebrated on the 28 because the 29 was Sunday.  Before we went to bed Friday night, I taped up 25 note cards that each had a reason why I loved him.  Some things were little things like, “You let me sleep in.” and other things were the bigger things like, “You are a wonderful husband and father.”  I had a lot of fun writing the cards out and wrote a paragraph for each reason; he deserves the best and I wanted to let him know that.  I also got him a leather belt, a PS4 game he’s really wanted, some Bluetooth headphones, a few watches and a chapstick.  Always got to get the chapstick in there.  Saturday morning went to the Homestead Crater to go swimming for a second time (we went for our anniversary last year) and it was a lot of fun.  The water there is just perfect.  It was a much needed break and very relaxing.  That night we went to dinner with my parents; sushi of course.  It was delicious.  Easily the best sushi place we’ve been to yet.  We also went to see some baby chicks at a Cal Ranch store that Melia went absolutely nuts over.  She loves little birdies and is constantly asking to go outside to see the, “beep beeps.”  Sunday, Scott’s actual birthday, we went to church of course, taught our Sunday school class and went home early because Miss Melia was so exhausted she was getting really grumpy.  She napped and I made some food for dinner.  When dinner time rolled around, we went upstairs to eat with Scott’s family and had a lot of fun playing hearts; I was on fire, which is unusual.  Unfortunately for Ted, I ended up with The Queen four times and dished it to him each time.  Haha.  Yikes!      

This is my absolute favorite picture of Christ

As I finish this post, I get to listen to our Prophet and Apostles speak words of love and guidance.  We get to celebrate Christ’s Resurrection and remember His love and sacrifice for us.  I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is true and I know that with every part of me.  I have a testimony of Christ’s Atonement and I know that He is always there with his hand reached out to me whenever I need Him.  He has answered my prayers and has sent angels to this earth to help me through my time here.


I am in love with my family.  Scott is absolutely amazing and is so good to me, even on my really, really bad days.  Melia is the sweetest baby I have ever met in my life and I love being her mother.  I am so blessed to have these two in my life and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.  Life may get crazy and busy and all, but with the knowledge I have of the church and the support I have of my family, I can Keep Moving Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment