So. There are a couple stories that must be explained and understood for the proposal story =]
First Story. In September, Scott and I knew that we wanted to get married and we had started to work toward the goal. About mid-November, I have a crazy dream. It was hugely detailed and I woke up amazed. In my dream, it was the 28th of December, it was lightly snowing and Scott and I were down at the pond where we had our first kiss. We had hot chocolate in a thermos and we were ready for a wonderful night at the pond. As we started our walk around the pond, we made our way to the dock to watch the sunset, just as we had before in July. After the sun had gone down, we walked back to a mini amphitheater and some stairs a bit away from the pond. We sat at the amphitheater and had some hot cocoa and continued to talk about our normal, day-to-day things. After we finished our hot cocoa, we went to the stairs, up a little bit, sat down and he started to tell me all the reasons why he loves me. We started walking again and found our way to our rock =] Here, he started to tell me all the reasons of why he wanted to marry me. As I was listening to him, watching him, he got down on one knee and proposed. I could see the ring on my finger afterwards. That was the end of my dream.
Second Story. It's December 28th. I am in Hobbs, New Mexico visiting my sister and her husband. Scott is home in Alpine and we are chatting on skype at the end of the night. Scott asks me if I would share my dream with him. I was hesitant because I wasn't sure if I wanted him to know it yet or not. I decided to tell him anyways =] Well. His mind was blown. I had nailed his plans. Step-by-step. Hot chocolate, date, place, the rock...everything. However, I didn't know I had nailed the plans in my dream until a month or so later.
Final Story. Friday, February 24th, 2012. I had planned to stay the weekend at home because my mother and I were going shopping Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon Scott and I had a lunch date and Saturday evening there was a family party at my grandma's for her 80th! So it just made more sense to spend the weekend. On the way up to Alpine, Scott and I stopped at the pond to finally catch the sunset like we had planned two or three times before and missed. Now...it's important to understand that I was 100% convinced that he was proposing next week. Totally convinced. Alright. Moving right along. In the front seat, there is a little jug full of boiling water, two mugs and some hot chocolate for our trip to the pond. When we got there, quite a few people were there as well. No problem. We made a lap around the pond and stopped at the car for some hot chocolate. I'm giggling because I spilled powder all over the top of his car and I'm enjoying the warmth I am swallowing. As the sun was setting, I exclaimed that the hot cocoa "warmed my heart." We made our way over to the dock and talked a bit about hot chocolate, how it would be funny but sad to drop the things in the pond, the two little boys who were fishing by us and the little things we just like to talk about. About a month earlier, we were at the pond and Scott wanted me to walk him through my dream. I was grouchy and didn't really want to...sooooo that night, when he asked me to walk him through it, I was excited about it and we went right into it. By now you are probably all thinking that I should have guessed what was happening. Sorry...I was totally clueless. As I'm walking him through my dream, he was asking questions about it and I was telling him all that I remembered from it. When we finished the walkthrough, we took the hot chocolate mugs and things back to the car and still had about 25 minutes before we needed to leave to make it on time for dinner at my house =] We went back to the dock and as we made our way, Scott told me about how he felt the first time we were there, how nervous he was, scared to kiss me, wasn't sure how I would react and how, even though we had been standing there for a half an hour, I had waited for him. I told him that I wanted to be there. A moment later, I asked him, "What about this next step?" Still totally thinking the proposal is next week, he said to me, "I am nervous, a bit scared, and you've waited a long time for me." I told him again, "I want to be here." At that moment he said, "Even though we were nervous and scared, we were happier for it. And so...(he took a knee) Hannah Marie, will you marry me?" Holy cow my brain was everywhere. It exploded like 5 times and I buried my face with instant tears building up. I said yes and hugged him so tight, then he hugged me tighter and spun me around! I could not believe what just happened. I was totally shocked, totally caught off-guard! Even now, my heart is racing almost as fast as it was then! It blows my mind!!! I love him so very much...so...so very much!
Together, we will Keep Moving Forward

No comments:
Post a Comment