Friday, December 23, 2011

When You Got A Good Thing

I am quite aware that I haven't blogged in ages.  Sometimes, life just kind of gets super busy.  Unfortunately, that happened to me.


Actually, in truth, I enjoy being busy.  I like to know what's going on and when things are happening.  If I don't have anything to do, it's a little strange and I usually end up wasting my time when I should be more productive.  That's how I've been known by all of my close friends; "Oh Hannah?  Yeah she's really cool.  She stays busy though."  And there's, "Hannah, why are you always so busy?  I never get to see you anymore..."  I hear those quite often within conversations with friends.  It's true, I don't deny it...but I enjoy it and if I'm given enough time to work things in, I can find time for friends =]  It's a good deal.


Here is my life, as of late:



My job.  Oh how I love my job.  My girls have made this year so brilliant and fantastic.  It blows my mind how blessed I am to be able to be a part of their lives! Every day I get to spend time with them, each week we are able to share spiritual experiences, I get to bear my testimony to them about the things we discuss, I grow stronger by seeing them grow stronger.  Each day that passes, is a day that brings so much growth and builds the already tremendous atmosphere the girls have created throughout the hall.  I don't know what this year would be like without them in my life.  I wish I could write the beautiful characters each of them are, but oh my good heavens, I would probably die before I could find the words deep, true, and perfect enough to express how truly wonderful each of these girls are.
Each room has their own quirk, each girl has her own light, and the entire floor is just one group of best friends, brought together through the hand of Christ.


Stefani Smith, Elise: with their honorary roommate, Morgan from 1100 who always have something crazy planned and aren't afraid to bring everyone and anyone who wants to join.  they are willing to go out of their way to say thank you and while they know how to have fun, they also know when it's time to turn on the gears and get done the things they need to.


Melissa, McKell: dance parties are a regular deal here and they pretty good at house warming parties.  everyone is attracted to the light and faith of these two girls. the way they believe and share their light is infectious! they are not afraid to share their light and beliefs and want everyone to simply be happy!


Brittaney, Tyra: they are the service pair! the ideas they bring to the floor for service help everyone find something to do. the genuine care they have for each other, and each girl on the floor is incredible.  they are so selfless and truly want to do anything they can to help those closest to them and see them smile


Brooke, Christie: our mini "humorU" crew right here.  these girls are hilarious and are not afraid to show who they really are. always right up at front to help out with anything needed to be done, these girls would drop anything to help a friend.


Tiffany, Sydney: their personalities shine through a crowd of people. these girls are so proud to be who they are and they know exactly who they are. nothing and no one can or will change that about them.  they love the way things are and are grateful for the things they are surrounded by.


Colleen, Annie: creative minds.  they have a heart for art and use that to their advantage.  they spend their time together simply coloring and bringing beautifully creative ideas to those around them. they know how to express themselves and are not afraid to share.


Rose, Stefani Sanders: these two are best friends with everyone.  they are dedicated to always be there for anyone and everyone they can and they make the best time out of every situation.  they welcome everyone and anyone and through their leadership, they let others shine so brightly!


Erin, Ashleigh: two of the biggest hearts you'll ever meet.  no matter what they are doing, they can and will help you with whatever you need and they always have time for you.  though both of them are busy, they make time for each other and those around them.  they love, so deeply, their families and the things they do truly reflect that love they have


Caitlyn L., Meghan: i have never seen so much passion in anyone other than these girls.  anything and everything they set their mind to, they will do with full heart and dedication.  they believe in the best of those around them and help guide and push them on their way.


Christine, Hayley: the sincerity these two girls hold blows my mind.  both are always thinking of their friends or each other and how they can do, even the simplest thing, to help make their day.  they want the best for everyone and do what they can to help!


R. Elise, Rachel S.: the quirks and love of these girls make them who they are.  they hold extreme talent, both of them, and are so humble and pure. they look out for the people they are surrounded by and use their soft, loving personalities to ensure that they are happy and well.


Lauren, Tami: simple acts of love and service surrounds these girls everywhere they go.  they are always smiling and they are true, genuine smiles that bring so much joy to everyone. it is impossible to go a day without seeing one of these girls smile and return the favor!


Caitlin H., Emilee: these two girls have so much strength it blows my mind. the things they juggle, the strength they carry and portray.  nothing can bring these girls down.  they build each other up and find the joy in the simple things


Robin, Miranda: these two have so much passion as well.  they know what they want to do with their lives and they work hard to get there. the love these two hold for their families is incredible. their world lies in their home and they bring that everywhere they go.


Jenna, Kirsty: quiet, but they pack a lot of punch. they have a gift of bring laughter to the most unexpected moments in the most unexpected ways. they know exactly what every situation needs....just a little bit of laughter


Becky, Rosie: oh.my.word. they are true to their beliefs and even if someone disagrees or tries to fight them, they know, with a full heart, what they believe and nothing can change that.  their bold voices carry and the inspiring things they say you always remember.


Ashley, Rebecca: adorable, adorable girls.  they are so willing to help their friends whenever they need.  whether it be help with fashion, or just being there to listen, these two girls have a gift of service.


Chelsea, Rachel C.: two best friends, who know each other so well.  they bring so much light and laughter into the halls because of the great friendship they share with each other.  but they are not afraid to try new things, reach out to others and develop strong friendships with those around them.


I love my girls.  I love them more than I can put down.  The simple things they do make my job so much easier and that much more rewarding.  To see little love notes under my door, in my love box, Christmas gifts and thank you cards...brings me so much joy.  I am filled with smiles and giddiness!  =D I know how hard they are working, how much time they spend studying, but they always find time for each other, for weekly meetings, for their scriptures.  It's a marvelous example to be surrounded by each and every day.


There also seems, now, to be this fantastic time-consuming section of life I find myself addicted to.  =D  Of course this would be my wonderful boyfriend, Scott.  Every day, there are all those little moments we share together that help me see the best in everyone and the best in me.  My friends all have fallen in love with the idea that Scott and I are together, my parents and family adore him, my sister can't stop talking about him when she talks to me and seems to always bring it up when she talks with my mom.  I can't stop talking about him and all the wonderful things he's helped me become, see and teach.  I mean, I could go on for ages about how wonderful he is and all of the things he's done for me but...you know...the most important things he's helped me with are these:


He helped me find who I am.  He helped me to see that little girl inside of me that's been hiding for years through struggles and pain and reached out his hand and love to her and brought her back.  I've become stronger in all aspects.  I see him every day and wish it could be more!  He is truly something wonderful.






For my birthday, a month ago =P haha, I had bought two coupons for a massage in the afternoon, my parents planned lunch with us at our little Thai House and he planned the rest! =D In the morning, he picked me up for some breakfast he made, german pancakes (which are super delicious all the time).  Ohhh he is a sneaky one.  In the fridge, he had a dozen orange roses (which are definitely my favorite roses of all time) and as we are setting the table up, he asks if I can grab the milk.  =]  Well yes, love, I can grab the milk.  SURPRISE!  Here are a dozen on your favorite roses.  Honestly...I thought he had forgotten they were in there, but he didn't.  He planned it all out, clever child.  So after he told me to grab the roses =] and read the card, we sat down for some yummy breakfast of german pancakes and orange julius.  After breakfast, he had some gifts and a card and we managed our way up to Salt Lake and the rest of the day fell in place =] It was wonderful...just to have a nice, relaxing day with my best friend, my parents and not worry about anything.


So Scott is great!  That's pretty much how it goes.  He is incredibly thoughtful and really wants things to go smoothly, to see me happy and relaxed.  To see everyone around him happy and relaxed.  He works hard and doesn't quit until things are done to a satisfying level.  Gosh I just love him.  That's really the main idea behind this.  Every moment I am with him, I am so amazingly happy and things just work.  Whenever I talk about him to my friends, I can't help but smile and be a little school girl about it all, I just am filled with pure joy and simplicity of life, that nothing else matters.  I am extremely happy and blessed to have him in my life, to have him as my best friend.


This next part might come as a surprise to you, but Christmas is in two days.  I know right?  Crazy...Anyway.  Just before Christmas comes finals (which no one wants to remember or hear about so that's fine...), after finals came the packing and sending my girls off their separate ways for the 2 weeks break.  When I had finally finished all I needed to at school, I gathered my bunch of things and Scott and I headed home for the holidays!
Okay, so Scott and I had this break planned and pinned.  Everything was going to work out and run smoothly and we'd have a bunch of free time to spend with each other.  Well...unfortunately, that seems to be the exact opposite as to what is happening.  Sunday and Monday were family parties.  His on Sunday where we ate and I got to meet most of the Christensen side of the family with white elephant gifts, stealing and bargaining, and on Sunday was my Mama's side of the family in Salt Lake with the annual talent show, a crazy new secret gift game and the usual Secret Santa Cousin gift trade.  Which, I got an awesome bag from my cousin, Mitch.  Anyway, those were some eventful nights and the next day Tuesday, we went up to my friend's house for a movie and just chilled, then headed over to his parents house for caroling with TC's and Hannah's family.  After the caroling, hot chocolate and mingling ended that night, we stuck around for a little bit for their nightly Christmas story and watched the 30 minute version of The Grinch and departed.


Wednesday oh my GOODNESS!  Soph came over =]  It was awesome.  We had a run down memory lane, got some Subway and talked the night away.  There really wasn't a topic covered in our conversations that night.  We talked about our relationships, about family, about school, church, struggles, Christmas.  I mean, there was a lot covered.  It was so great to see her, to know she's back for awhile this time and that my cute wifey is back for the time =]
Juls and I with our twinner shirts =]
Yesterday I woke up late, just kind of chilled, cleaned my room, had a long chit chat with my Mama about life and the future and Kara, then Juls and her mannn came over!  I haven't seen Julia for just over a year now.  Luckily, I get to see her more often!  I've known her for AGES!  Ever since I can remember and we've always had the craziest of times.  Yesterday I wasn't feeling too good though.  I felt kind of lethargic and I feel like I was kind of being a bum =/  But, either way, we went to Kneader's for some lunch then finished up our Christmas shopping at Bed, Bath & Beyond.  It was fun to see her, but it was hard.  He boyfriend stayed out for awhile to have a smoke, they were swearing all up and down and it made me kind of sad.  I love her to death, but she's just not in a good place right now and it was difficult to be there and see that straight on.


All this brings me to today, Christmas Adam =]  I was able to sleep in (like the rest of the break so far) and when I woke up, I got ready, and made my way to the Temple with Scott to do some baptisms =]  It was good.  We were there for a little over 2 hours, but it was nice to just be there...to pray, to listen.  Oh how I love temples...I love them so very much!  Now I am here, finishing off this post and about to take a nap, to wake and head over to Scott's for a family party.  Tomorrow, oh I am so excited for tomorrow.  Christmas Eve, for our traditional Chinese dinner, go to sleep early and wake up to breakfast with my grandparents, Sacrament meeting, where Scott and I will sing, then presents, my Dad's side of the family party, and the evening to do whatever else there is.


Monday morning we are headed to New Mexico to see Kara and Alex.  I am excited, but I am nervous because I know she's not doing too well and I am afraid that there will be tension because she's gained a bit of weight.  A lot of bit.  We will see how it goes.  I am excited to see her because I haven't seen her really since the wedding.  I really think that's how long it's been.  I guess that's an adventure I will have to write about when it's over.


Either way, no matter what happens this next week or so...I have to remember that, even through my fears and doubts, I have enough to Keep Moving Forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment