Thursday, October 20, 2011

As Time Goes By

So, it's crazy to think how fast time flies.  I mean.  Honestly.  My last post was nearly a month ago.  I've been at school for over two months, dating Scott for almost four months, Kara and Alex have been married for almost 6 months, my cousin Jared gets home from his mission in 6 months, Daniel has been out for just over 5 months.  I mean.  I had never really sat down and thought about these sort of things until recently.  


I have a story to tell.  It's an interesting one too.  Well.  I suppose.  Preston, being the clever friend his is, challenged Scott and I to a week of "No Touchy".  We took that challenge just this past week and can I tell you something.  Time goes by in the exact opposite speed that you want it to.  In reality, it was a pretty good week.  The hardest part about the entire week were the little things.  Holding his hand while we walk around, hugging him goodnight or kissing him right before I get in the car.  Those were the hardest things.  Another thing that had horrible timing was the fact that I got pretty sick Monday and Tuesday and even felt a little sick still through Wednesday.  Usually, he'll scratch my back, rub my neck or something to just help me feel a little more relaxed, but it wasn't an option that time.  But I did learn a bit. 

  • Love is strong
  • A little more self-control
  • We are both dedicated to what we set our minds to
  • While this was hard, we were able to push each other through it
  • Time, does in fact, pass
I guess that was a big part of what I needed to learn.  A little bit of patience and self-dedication to reinforce that I am a strong-willed person and can face the challenges set before me.  

Another recent story of my life is the fact that my brother has been out serving the Lord for several months now.  I miss him a lot and am incredibly proud of him.  The real story behind this, though, is that I wrote him a letter.  What a letter it was, too.  I typed it up, because I knew it was going to be a long letter-I hadn't written him in 3 months.  So, I have a single-spaced, 12 font document right.  It's four pages long.  It's a good thing Daniel is my brother otherwise I think he might be ready to kill me with something that long.  Anyway, I sent it three weeks ago and so I'm just chilling, waiting for a letter back.  It should be exciting, actually.  With how fast the rest of my time has been going by, I don't think it will be all that bad.  We shall see I suppose. 

So this post really is just going to be all over the place.  Good thing I am telling you now, right?  Oh well.  Alright, so listen to this.  For over a year, I've wanted to get a professional camera; a DSLR so I can take good, creative shots.  The camera I have now, yeah...it's nice...but I can't adjust all that I want to, to be able to get those good shots and play with the lighting and zoom and setting and basically everything.  Blah.  I've been trying to convince my parents to get one for my birthday, but I don't know if that's going to happen.  Usually if I am pretty determined for one thing, they are good to get it for me but camera's can be expensive.  Gosh I hate money sometimes.  What's the more annoying thing, is the fact that I found a great camera for a reasonable price at Costco...then it disappeared.  So that wasn't exciting news.  I guess I will see though, my birthday is a month away haha. 

Embarrassing story.  It's pretty hard for me to get embarrassed because I'm pretty chill with just about everything.  But on Tuesday, Women's Chorus performed at the Devotional and I went to go sit with my mom and Scott after we finished singing.  So here I am, all dressed up, going to sit down next to Scott and I knock my water bottle out of my backpack and it decides to fall down several stairs.  Ah.  It was so loud haha.  It just kind of grabbed the attention of everyone around me and seemed to echo.  So not only was I grabbing attention because I was dressed up and had just performed, I was walking down late to go sit down and then...my water bottle fell down the stairs.  It was a good moment.  But.  After the devotional, my mom took Scott and I out to Kneader's for some lunch.  My mom and I talked about whether or not we should go down to Hobbs to visit Kara and Alex for Thanksgiving, but we haven't really come to a conclusion yet.  We will figure it out =] 

Listen to my story!  So last night, Kels came and slept over.  Super bomb right?  It was pretty spectacular, I am not going to lie.  We first had a good sit down conversation about a lot of different things.  Friends, family, struggles, field of study, career ideas, future thoughts, we reminisced and joked about all the funny things that happened last year and then we jumped right into a typical night we would have had last year.  We went to the Creamery and bought some Shark snacks and gum and then went to In-N-Out for some burgers and fries.  When we got back, we talked some more about life and everything related haha.  We got ready for bed and, just like last year, had roommate prayer =]  It was really great.  The few differences were that, well, Kelsie didn't have a bed, and we actually got to bed at a decent hour.  It was maybe 1:15 by the time we were settled and falling asleep.  This morning, I woke up earlier to go shower and when I came back, Kels managed to find her way into my bed and had fallen back asleep =]  Just like last year haha.  When we had gotten ready and got everything together for our day, we went to the CANC for breakfast =]  It was spectacular!  Hahaha.  Kelsie was funny while we were eating.  She was talking about how it's such a habit to scope out cute boys.  "I just have to tell myself that they are all freshman.  How embarrassing would that be?!"  Anyway, we head to class after that, and that's never too exciting....haha.  All in all, it was great to just kind of have that night back and do something a little different than normal.


 "Goodbye forever"  Time goes by.  Does it not?  "Goodbye forever" though, is such a real, statement.  Think about it.  If anyone ever told you that, no matter the relationship you had between them, you would probably be like, "Wow, you are right.  I probably won't ever see you again.  Forever."  Goodbye's are hard.  I don't like them very much.  I must be honest though, it didn't really feel like a "goodbye forever" tonight when I hugged Talon goodbye and goodnight.  Maybe I will see him when he gets home, or perhaps right before he goes into the MTC.  But either way, we shall see what is lined up for our lives.  

 "Goodbye forever" Can that really be true though?  We have the wonderful knowledge of the Plan of Happiness.  Even if I may not see someone here on this earth-life ever again, we may run into each other in the life to come =]  Isn't that such a glorious thought?  Maybe that's why I feel like this wasn't a "goodbye forever."  I am making a goal.  To never say, "Goodbye forever."  It's such a real and powerful statement, but you never know you may end up sitting next you in Heaven =] And you know what...Time Goes By. 

Keep Moving Forward.  
Life is wonderful and a blessing.  Be grateful for the everyday things and love everyone.  There are no true "Goodbye forever" 's.  Time Goes By. 


No comments:

Post a Comment