Friday, Caitlin Schille and I decided to take a drive up to Idaho for the weekend. Oh my gosh, the drive up could not have been any more entertaining. Her laugh is way too contagious! It was too fun. We had some really great conversations, some personal ones, random ones and spiritual ones. We sang along to some T-Swift and I had some freak outs thinking I missed exits and such. It was all too fun. We got up there around 11:00 at night and I dropped her off at her friends while I chilled with some of my buddies. =] In honesty, I didn't really sleep. I couldn't for some reason and so when morning came around I was really spaced and out of it.
Saturday, Alex Williams and I hit up lunch and partied for a little bit. His roommates are super tight and he has one who is British, super attractive, outgoing and nice. Sounds like my type =P Don't worry, we're facebook friends too. Aaannnnd he invited me up for whenever. Yeah...be jealous, be very jealous. ;] Well, after lunch I decided it'd be smart to head home, so I did! Nolan Tom Foley and I were able to talk pretty much the entire way back too. It was really nice. That kid is seriously so genuine and really listens to you. He's easy to talk to. I miss him much. When I got home, I had an hour or two before the Fultz's came in for the week. Sam head out for his mission just yesterday! He and I had some great broadway songs and church songs we sang. We probably spent hours and hours at the piano this weekend. It was really great.
Sunday. Ooooh Sunday. It was emotional for sure. I woke up nice and early to make it to Daniel Forbes' farewell at 9:00 in the morning! Daniel, I call him my brother. We've been best friends for 7 years now? It's absolutely crazy how close we are and how well we know each other. His talk was amazing. He sang with his siblings too and I just cried. The song was beautiful, it was "How Can I Keep From Singing" and his talk was about the Priesthood. He gave a little bit of history and then talked about why it's so important for our church. He did so great. Just a little later was Scott Tilley's farewell. He sang and oh my gosh I cannot tell you how much that kid has improved!! He sounded absolutely amazing!! He sang "Consider the Lilies" and everyone was crying. His talk was so great as well. He gave the background to the song and gave a lot of really great scripture references.
Monday, nothing happened, I was starting to get sick and just had a horrible headache. Daniel and I made plans to see each other before he left, for Monday, but he had to move it back to Tuesday.
Unfortunately, Tuesday I was so ill I was in tears and I had to cancel on him. He said he would come and see me, but understandably he couldn't. I was so sad that I missed all chances to see my best friend and brother for two years....but on the brighter side of things, I got my cast off on Tuesday, got new contacts and new shoes. OH my gosh. Listen to the saddest story. Ok, so I have a fever, a migraine and I am tired. My mom goes into a sports store to look for some good shoes. She comes back out and drags me into the store. OF COURSE the guy helping her is BEAUTIFUL and SO nice and I am in sweats, ghost white and so sick I can hardly focus. I didn't look too bad though to be honest...but I was so frustrated that this guy was so attractive and I am sitting there in pain, tired, sick and just not wanting to be there. I had a dream that night that I went back to the store and talked to him...I'm thinking I agree with this dream.......lol. When we got back, I crashed for a few hours then watched some tv then went to bed crazy early. Wednesday came about and I woke up already crying. I called my mom and wanted her to take me to the doctor, but she didn't. I took some medicine, had some tea, took a shower and got ready. I didn't feel great, but I managed to get myself out the door to go to lunch at Tucano's with the Fultz's and Yaede's and drop Sam off at the MTC. I had a pounding headache the entire time, but let me tell you...it was SOOO worth it. We drove in, saw Scott Tilley, took some pictures with Sam, and then dropped him off. LITERALLY TWO SECONDS after Samuel walked away, I turn and guess what. IT WAS DANIEL!! I instantly burst into tears. Like seriously BURST into tears. I could not believe it. He came running over yelling, "It's my best friend!!!" and shook my hand. I was speechless. I really was. I couldn't say anything. I shook his hand, I think I muttered out, "Daniel, I love you." and just cried. A good 30 minutes, I was crying.
My best friend, my brother, serving the Lord in Argentina for 2 years. It was absolutely perfect how it happened. I am so blessed to have someone like him in my life and I know the Lord is looking out for me because of how he placed him and I there at the same time. Daniel has been my shoulder and my encourager. He could not be a better person then he is to me. He knows me so well, better than I know myself. I remember the days where I was totally at the bottom and hated everything about anything I could and he would just know something was wrong, call me up, text me, or even post something silly on facebook and it always helped. He could just tell when something was wrong and would come over, hold my hand and talk things through with me. We had so many glorious times together as well. We shared so much being on swim together and being in choir together as well. I got to see him every day. Even in the summer, we worked together. I mean, we seriously are brother and sister. Daniel thinks he already knows who I am going to marry and he just tells me I'm not allowed to get married until he's back. He's going to be my fiance's Best Man so that won't happen anyway ;] I can pick the words out of his mouth before he even thinks them and he can see beyond my shield. I've learned a lot from this kid and I am all but indebted to him for all he does for me and the Lord for blessing me with someone like him.
Later on Wednesday, I got a call from Mr. Nolan Foley!! =D He came up around 10:30 at night and we laid out in my front yard and talked and talked and talked. It started to get a little cold so we drove around a little bit and I took him to this cool look out in my area. =] Oh how I've missed this kid so much! He is just so great. He's too funny and he seriously is a wonderful friend. I've gotten closer to him out of school than we did while at school, but you know, it works right? We had a movie moment though when we were saying goodbye. I forgot I was wearing my glasses and when we hugged goodbye, my glasses totally smashed into his face! =/ I felt so bad, these things are not soft haha. Ahhhh I love that kid so much. He, too, is a great blessing in my life. I don't think he realizes how much he's pulled me through some things.
That brings us to today! I wore real shoes today =D be so proud of me. Not a whole lot happened today. NOLAN! Got his mission call! He's going to PARIS, FRANCE! =D I'm so excited about that. That's the same mission my dad served and I am in love with France; the language, the people, the culture, the food! It's just all so wonderful. He's leaving in September so he still has a little while, but it's not too bad. My mom and I went to the store....talked about the attractive sport store guy again....so angry about that. Then we had some dinner! Haha. After dinner, my dear Lexi Rose and her man Chris Fetters came over and we partied. We had a fire in my backyard and rosted some marshmallows and starbursts! I've missed the people here at home. I forgot how ridiculous Chris is. Oh my word, he's lost 45 pounds! He seriously looks SO great. I could not believe it when he walked in.
All in all, my week has been pretty crazy.
The people in my life help me to Keep Moving Forward!

No comments:
Post a Comment