But who doesn't want to shoot a shotgun?! I seriously shot it too. Had a bruise for a couple days =P It was all good though, don't worry. ;] After we went shooting, my parents and I went out to lunch. Wienerschnitzel! Haha, it was actually really good. When we go back, my dad and I went on a bike ride. First time I was back on my bike in a long time. It felt sooo good. It was an 8 mile ride, and I, being the overachiever that I am, went up Healy Blvd. Do not ever do that. It was death. After the ride, we were done for the day and just relaxed =D It was really fun. I ended the day watching a movie with Sarah Frye over skype. Haha, we do that all the time, it's the best idea ever. =P
On the way home from lunch, I stopped by Lexi's apartment, seriously briefly, and she gave me her Buddha painting I've wanted =P Oh how much I enjoy it. It is the coolest thing ever. She's going to make me another I believe. Yeah guess what it is. A purple giraffe. =D
Wednesday was simply spectacular! I didn't do a whole lot during the day, but the Single's Ward went bowling. Ok, so normally, I seriously suck at bowling. My first bowl was a strike. Second bowl...strike! After that, I just kind of rocked. I got another two strikes in the run and kept bowling high. Haha, ok, well until like, the 7th bowl. I started sucking again. But it was seriously fun =D
Thursday, I seriously did homework all day. Ah!! It was so insane, I thought I was going to go crazy. But it was good. I really need to start cranking that out. =/
Friday!!! OH my goodness. So my mom and I went to this craft store in Provo. I died. So. Many. Wonderful. Things. I am definitely going back there once I start getting into work. With what they have there, I could make cards like, a billion times better. It was the best thing that has ever been introduced to me. Of course, my mom and I talked about relationships and all of the sorts. She's really good about that. It's not hard to talk to her at all. I'm kind of, well, yeah, waiting for a missionary and I was afraid to talk to her about that because that's kind of a big deal. Well, she's been there, and she understands the relationship I've had with this guy and even though he and I didn't talk about this, and I've made this choice on my own, it's still really nice to be able to talk to her about it. There are so many thoughts, sort of...doubts, questions that run through my head about it but she says I've been doing the right thing in dating and seeing other guys while he's out and just keeping him in mind. =D 1 year and 3 months left!! =P
ANYWAY! Here is the exciting part. SOHPIA AND COURT CAME!!! =D I haven't seen Courtney in, what, 2-3 years now? It was SO great to see her. She came around 8:30 and we went and got some pizzas made up, then went on an epic moped ride, then talked about life, watched youtube videos and when Sophia came, we seriously freaked out. =P We went to Wal*Mart to buy some sodas, then went back to my house and relived the most memorable night we had together in high school. We put in The King and I, stuffed ourselves with pizza, and just talked. We were laughing all night. Court crashed super early and Soph and I had to kill a spider though. It was the funniest, scariest thing on this planet. I was basically crying and she was freaking out and Courtney is just chilling, dead asleep while all this was going on. We tried to trap the spider in a cup, but when I tried, that's when I started crying so Soph tried and only got half of it and I just told her to smash it with the cup. You wouldn't think that it would be that hard...no. No, it was seriously way too hard. It was a joke. But it was a great moment for sure because we had to be quiet as to not wake Court up. Ohhh I bet it was just too funny to watch =P After the movie ended, Soph and I crashed as well.
| Hahaha, oh this is just too funny =P We didn't really get a good picture ;] But with friends like these, we don't need good pictures, just ones to remember! |
Friday. I woke up at 6 and Court was gone!! I knew she was leaving early, but she left really early haha. I think I text some people in that space of time that I was awake too...haha. Oh well. Two hours later, Soph had to go so we got up and said goodbye. I went straight back to bed and didn't wake up until like, 11:30 =P My dad and I went to a greenhouse and bought some flowers, tomatoes and raspberries and did a bunch of yard work. After that, I went on a bike ride with Curtis! =D It was so fun. I miss that kid. I miss our group....He and I talked a lot about doing stuff together again and made some plans for the summer. He leaves October 5th to Mexico for his mission. It's crazy that, now, all the guys that are my age are leaving! After our bike ride, I sorted all of my dad's quarters while switching between movies on TV. Ok, it took me so long to sort all his quarters....but after that we went out for ice cream =D So it was good! My dear friend, Lillie Hammock came over and we watched What Happens In Vegas and called it a night! =D
It was a great week. The one thing I can't get off my mind though. My Aunt Barby. I haven't seen her in years and I have learned sooo much from her. She is handicapped and not able to much of anything by herself. She can communicate, but you have to know how she works; she can't talk. She can feed herself usually and she's in a wheelchair. She is the most inspiring human being I have ever known. I am beyond lucky to have had her in my life. I found out this week that she's dying. It was really hard to hear. As a family, we think it's a good thing. She wasn't supposed to live very long. She's the oldest of 8 and she's 61 years old. That, in itself, is a miracle. I've learned a lot through her. Patience, acceptance, unconditional love, expression, understanding, listening, pure joy and happiness, communication, feeling and listening to the spirit. She just has such a vibrant personality. I rarely saw her without a smile and she always got so excited to see a family member! It was spectacular!! =D I love her so much. I miss her a lot too. I know that this is good for her though. We don't know yet what's going to happen, but she's been on a ventilator for a few days now and that's what's keeping her alive.
Barby's life, my family, my friends, all help inspire me and show me how to Keep Moving Forward
No comments:
Post a Comment