Best Is Yet To Come
Afraid it won't come round again
Afraid to move on
Wishing I could go back when
Everything was easier and made for me
Wanting all we left behind
Like it's the answer
An hour glass we can't rewind
Holding back the life that I've been at for so long
Can I find my way to you
And After all that we've been through
And after all we left in pieces
I still believe our lives have just begun
Cause now the past can be outrun
And I know you are the reason
I still believe the best is yet to come
A Photograph's still in my hands
Afraid to let it go
The minutes rain like grains of sand
And time is just a war that's stealing dreams from within
So come and take them back again
And After all that we've been through
And after all we left in pieces
I still believe our lives have just begun
Cause now the past can be outrun
And I know you are the reason
I still believe the best is yet to come
I won't turn around
Let it all slip away
I'm never backing down
Cause tomorrow's a new day
And everything can change
And After all that we've been through
And after all we left in pieces
I still believe our lives have just begun
Cause now the past can be outrun
And I know you are the reason
I still believe the best is yet to come
Afraid to move on
Wishing I could go back when
Everything was easier and made for me
Wanting all we left behind
Like it's the answer
An hour glass we can't rewind
Holding back the life that I've been at for so long
Can I find my way to you
And After all that we've been through
And after all we left in pieces
I still believe our lives have just begun
Cause now the past can be outrun
And I know you are the reason
I still believe the best is yet to come
A Photograph's still in my hands
Afraid to let it go
The minutes rain like grains of sand
And time is just a war that's stealing dreams from within
So come and take them back again
And After all that we've been through
And after all we left in pieces
I still believe our lives have just begun
Cause now the past can be outrun
And I know you are the reason
I still believe the best is yet to come
I won't turn around
Let it all slip away
I'm never backing down
Cause tomorrow's a new day
And everything can change
And After all that we've been through
And after all we left in pieces
I still believe our lives have just begun
Cause now the past can be outrun
And I know you are the reason
I still believe the best is yet to come
I still believe the best is yet to come
The best is yet to come
I still believe the best is yet to come
The best is yet to come
I still believe the best is yet to come
My life is good, I have great friends and have been gaining new friends this semester at school. However, it's been hard for me to accept that school is ending and that I may not ever see some of these people again...some of these wardies...my best friend even. It is such a fear to me and I hate looking to the day that I have to say goodbye to people. So it's still 6 weeks away. I don't know if you've noticed, but college time flies by...it's hard, painful even, to try and make the best of what time I've got left with the people I want to spend the most of it with; to take advantage of the relations and friendships I have, and leave with a happy, memorable look back to it all. I want the people I care most about--my roommate, neighbors, council members, my best friend--to, when they think back to their freshman year and remember me, that I was a good friend, that they know I care about them and that we had some really great times together. A lot of people here have helped me grow and I want those same people to be able to think back to ways that maybe I've helped them grow.
For one of my classes, we were asked to, within the next two weeks, write a letter to the person who has impacted our life the most this year, meet with them if it's possible and read it to them. Mine is done. I am now just bracing myself for the moment because I know it's going to be hard. It's just pushing me forward to the goodbyes; the distance. I want this to be a good moment, memorable. Who wouldn't? I am just nervous; I am no good at talking about feelings. Strange, I know. I am a girl and should be perfectly fine with spilling everything out. I am not, not with most people at least. Actually, very few people have the feeling of protection and comfort level where I am able to talk to them. Even then, it's hard for me and nothing ever seems comes out the way I want it to.
It's no secret that I suck at goodbyes, and I hate them. It's also no secret that I am a crier when it comes to situations like these and oh how that scares me. I hate crying, yet in these past few weeks, it's all that ever happens. That's one thing you gotta love about girls, they can't control it once it starts. Hahaha.
I want to be able to know that I will be able to see some of these people again. My best friend. It scares me, it really does. Will it come back around again? Will I have to let it all go, rely on the photographed memories, never having enough courage to really let it go? Who knows... There's just over a month left of school and only time can tell how it will go. Promises will be made and broken, hearts broken and emptied, and tears shed between now and then. Some people are worried that they may break another's heart...truth is, mine has been already, but in a good way. Yes it's painful, but I've learned from my heart break and I know that I will remember it.
There are just some people that break your heart. But you know what...those are the people who help you to Keep Moving Forward
No comments:
Post a Comment