Wednesday, March 30, 2011

An explosion of colors

So I should probably just talk all about Saturday...seeing as it was probably te highlight of this semester.  


My BYU ward had a barbecue and such and at first, I wasn't going to go.  I decided literally, less than an hour before the event, that I was going to go and got all clean and showered up to go.  When we got there, Elan had a soccer ball and was playing around with Noah, Kenny, James, Jacob and Benjin.  Naturally I joined in.  It had been far too long since I had played soccer and I was totally fine playing with them.  The unfortunate fact was that I was in skinny jeans and my shoes were flat bottomed.  Elan and I ran back to the dorms so he could get his cleats and I could change. Yay for awesome people! So anyway, we got back as the rest of the group was setting up the field.  It was seriously a great game.  It didn't take 5 minutes until I was covered in mud, which was nice haha. The game lasted for probably an hour until we went to have lunch.  We went back to the game after everyone was done and we had some pictures taken on this super crazy contraption of a play set.  The second half of the game probably lasted close to 2 hours long and it was super intense.  Everyone was getting into it now and people were sliding and falling on their faces like crazy. It was fun =D Definitely a great way to start a day. 


Right after the game, Noah, James, Christina, Sierra, Zoe, Erin, Matt, Lance, Ian, Kayla, Julia, Brie, and myself went to the Festival of Colors. First, it was freezing cold. Second, totally worth it. We got there just in time for a throwing and we hung out and partied for like two hours longer.  Honestly though, I cannot think of anything better to do with my day.  They people I was with were amazing, the chalk was thick and stinky and got in your mouth and eyes but it didn't even matter.  Near the end of our adventure, we were dancing and going crazy at the front of the crowd and Zoe, Brie, Sierra and I all decided it'd be a good idea to crowd surf.  Yes. We really did. Sierra and I had the longest ones of the bunch, but Brie got the most exciting when she got barreled. That was fun to watch.  Sierra and I each went down to the very front of the crowd, back half was up to the top of the crowd and back to where we started.  It  twas probably like 7-10 minutes of surfing, which was kind of scary because where sometimes it was smooth sailing, the majority of it was slipping down, having some beefy guy catch you and kept you going. Oh it was so fun though. 


After the festival, we went to Wendy's for some food because we were all starving and just had too much energy to not do anything.  James challenged Matt to a 50 nugget take down and while Matt was eating his 50 chicken nuggets, the rest of us were filming him, taking our own pictures, singing and just being awesome.  Two hours later, Matt finished and we head out for the night.  Showering was just as colorful as the festival and took forever and half.  While I was getting dressed and getting ready, I was on the phone with my mom telling her all about my day and she was loving that I had a day to relax.  After my mom and I had talked, Talon and I went on a walk and just chatted about our days, high school and whatever really. It was really good.  Just a great top on the end of the night. 


**********************************************************************************

I've been complaining about leaving school and saying goodbye to all the people around me, but more and more I'm finding myself running to the end.  Ready to look forward, no longer turn around when I walk away.  I'm satisfied with who I am and what I've accomplished here.  I've tried my best to be my best, and support others.  Some have seen my hard work, some have been oblivious to it and some have completely pushed me aside.  Either way, I've come to realize that it doesn't matter who thinks what or who has noticed what; it's all about how I feel about it.  How I feel I've done and who I'm walking away as.  

Who is that? Strong, confident, happy, myself. Yeah I'm loud, get over it.  If you don't like it...I'm sorry but I've tried changing.  The loud side of me is the adventure most people love. Hey, there are some people you're friends with that are probably louder than me...if you think about it.  I'm stubborn, I'll probably stay that way.  I'm also patient and I care for those I love and those who need it.  It takes me a second to hear what you say, but I always hear it.  I'm constantly doing something, but I'm always paying attention.  I love the people who are around me, everyone deserves the best.  I'll always be the one to give them that.  See what you want to see, but that's who I am.  That's who I'm walking away as.  A confident, loud, happy, sometimes selfish, stubborn, patient, caring, listener who puts her friends ahead of her when she needs to.  

Leaving is going to be hard.  I've grown close to a lot of people here and some I may never see again.  However, I will never forget anything or anyone here.  I've learned something from everyone.  Things about trust, honesty, strength.  Things about myself and things about reading others.  I've learned how to be myself and when I need to be reserved.  I've learned that I can't do everything by myself and I've learned to love the Lord more than I ever thought could be possible.  I find myself kneeling to my Father more diligently and I write more and more; which is really saying something.  I've learned how to put time aside for homework and when it's ok to put the homework aside for someone else. I've learned how to be more grateful for the people who have impacted my life and how to say sorry.  I've learned that I'm really afraid to show those I truly care about how much they mean to me.  With that, I've learned to just suck it up and try and tell people how I feel anyway.  I've learned that sometimes, even when it breaks your heart, you just need to give up.  

I've made great friends.  Some life long, some will be shorter term.  Either way, everyone I've become friends with here has impacted my life in some way and has taught me something I needed to learn.  I am grateful for that.




I Keep Moving Forward by learning from others and by being myself

No comments:

Post a Comment