You know that feeling you get when you know you aren't going to see someone you're close to for a long time? I've been lingering on that for a week now. My friend Jason just went into the MTC yesterday and I won't see him for two years! Missions are crazy. You know they are doing the right thing, you know it only helps, but seeing those guys you grew up with, that you've known ever since you can remember, seeing them leave, it's really hard.
It's certainly been an interesting week. So much good; going to the BYU basketball game Tuesday night with the FHE group and dancing around with Desmond and Noah, trying to make it on the JumboTron. There's always that sad here and there, fighting with best friends, friend's leaving for missions, my grandpa got surgery this week...scary stuff that. Anger because you realized you haven't done homework, or because of that fight, or you've lost your iPod, your Chemistry homework hates you or you don't make it onto the JumboTron...Finally, complete disorientation from being overly tired. I hope you all have experienced this overly tired state...it definitely makes things a lot more entertaining. My dear friend Eric has a brilliant Chinese accent, especially when it comes to giving instructions on how to make a Cup of Noodles. If you could hear over this, I'd definitely have him do it again for all of ya'll, but I am afraid it just doesn't do it justice to type it out. Just know...that it was brilliantly hilarious. =] To the point where even our friends who were at a normal state of tiredness were nearly rolling on the floor, red and teary eyed with laughter. Please...it was the greatest thing of my day yesterday.
I have kind of come up with this new motto you could say. "Smile at your stupidity, learn from your mistakes and laugh at the little things." We all do stupid stuff, usually regret it when it happens, and shortly after can't help but smile and giggle to ourselves realizing how truly stupid that thing was. Learning from mistakes...well everyone has heard that one. They are the best way to learn. Last of all, laughing at the little things. Aren't they the things that frustrate us the most? You lose your iPod, like I did. Okay, bad example because iPod's are kind of a big deal. You lose your earrings, or a bookmark. I hate when I lose my bookmarks. Why? It's not like I can't rip a piece of paper off of something and stick it in my place. Or just grab a different pair of earrings, yet usually you spend forever looking for the little things. Or when you step in mud, everyone hates that, yet, it will come off once you wipe it on the grass or wash your shoes. Why not laugh at that and know that eventually, you will find or buy new earrings or a bookmark and that mud on your shoe will come off.
Want to hear something funny? I went skiing today. Oh my lands can I tell you...I haven't gone skiing, in a year obviously, and even then, I didn't go often because ski season and swim season were the same and I focused on swim. Anyway. I went with Talon and he like pro. I already felt intimidated but went anyway. So it was fun, but here is the funny part. There was this slope. I knew I wouldn't be able to make it down in one piece, I had tried slopes like this before with my cousins and just gave up in the middle. As I start my way down, I am flailing and going waaaayyy too fast. Hehe. I am not the best at stopping either so I just kind of went. Bad idea Hannah. I ended up going off the groomed path and headed straight into some powder, flipped or something, going like, a billion mph, both ski's came off and I just rolled like 5+ feet. I felt seriously awesome. Why? My crash could not have been or looked any more epic. It was definitely an adventure. Poor Talon though. He can do anything and here I am, side sliding down a slope because I couldn't do it. He's a good sport though, helping me out and waiting for me.
Emotions run high, they're always there and hard to control...but you gotta Keep Moving Forward.
Oh and...I did find my iPod...like two hours ago =] I know you were all worried.
No comments:
Post a Comment