Well, I am home. I cannot even begin to explain how hard leaving school was for me. I was crying every night for a week before finals, and the last week totally killed me. I didn't cry saying goodbye to anyone except for my roommate, Kelsie. We had a few moments together where we just would sit there and cry, hug each other. It was really hard.
I came home on Thursday and soooo much happened that day. I got home around noon and immediately started unpacking. I threw away so many clothes and reorganized my closet. I've started to reorganize and throw things away in my room and it's still a complete disaster haha. I gotta finish it before Monday though because I'm going on a day trip to Goblin Valley (pretty sure about that haha). Anyway, at 3:30 on Thursday, my mom and I went to the podiatrist to talk about the surgery I am finally getting on my foot this Friday. That took a few hours and then after we got back from that, I had an hour before I went to my friend Kyla's bridal shower and had a sleep over with her later that night =D It was a lot of fun for sure. I've known her since 6th grade and we've really been great friends. It's going to be weird to not be able to steal her away whenever we feel like being together. My surgery is the day before he wedding so I am really bummed that I'm not really going to be in the best of myself for her big day, but I am not going to miss it for sure. Kyla and I were up late talking about her wedding, she showed me her dress and shoes, which are totally her, so gorgeous and I am so excited to see her in them. I am excited for the wedding, it's really going to be beautiful =] Her fiance, Steve, seems like the perfect guy for her and I am excited to meet him for sure. Ah! It's just all so exciting really.
This weekend, I've been home alone. Yesterday I went back to my high school for lunch and 4th period to see some old friends and then later that night I head up to Salt Lake for my cousin Brandon's mission call opening! He's going to the Argentina, Cordoba mission. He leaves July 27th, two days after his 18th birthday and two days after he gets home from a cruise haha. It'll be good for sure. I am excited for him =D His friend's are pretty adventurous and I had fun there. I did feel a little weird for the first bit, but it settled in. People are fun =P Today, I haven't really been productive haha. I thought I was going to go to Provo to see the few who are still there, but I just ended up mowing the lawn. Ugh! The push mower died like five million times, so I had to keep bugging my Bishop across the street to help me with it and finally he just let me finish the lawn with his ride mower. After I finished the lawn, I just kind of came back inside and have been chilling all day. I've had a headache since Thursday so it's kind of put my energy level down for sure but pretty soon I need to finish organizing my room and clean it out hahaha.
Oh hey! Want to hear something funny. So I am afraid to be in my house by myself right? Last night I had to sleep here alone! Oh my gosh it was not very fun haha. I slept in my parents room and I locked the door and watched tv until I fell asleep. I was going to go down to Provo to get food with my friend Dillion at like 4:00 but when he called, I just didn't feel good and my headache still hadn't gone away. I feel sad that I didn't go, but the fact that my headache is still here let's me know that it's probably a good thing that I stayed and slept. But I am sad that I wasn't able to see Dillion =[ I told him I'd go haha. I will see him again though and we can skype and things of that sort so it's not all that bad.
Ok, so yes, I need to get surgery on my foot. My parents and I have wanted to get this surgery done since my 9th grade year but never had time to fit it in because I was playing soccer, swimming or running constantly. We learned that my bones in my feet are growing the wrong direction which causes the bumps (medically called bunions) on my feet. They really hurt and my left foot is way worse than my right. It's hurt for years and I am so glad that I am finally getting this surgery done. There are so many unfortunate things about the surgery though. 1.) That same day, my cousin is having her bridal shower and I'm gonna miss it. I would love to go and my mom says that I probably still can, but I want her shower to be about her 100% and if I come fresh out of surgery, I'll steal some of her light. Plus, I will be totally drugged and my foot will hurt way bad. 2.) As I mentioned before, the next day is Kyla's wedding and I have been looking forward to being there for her for awhile. I am still going to be there, but I won't be completely myself. 3.) I have to be in a cast for a month or so, can't be in the pool during that period and then even after I get out of my cast, I can't run or anything high impact like that for another month. That's one month of not being able to work and two months of not being able to do my two prime ways of exercise. Running has become a huge thing for me during the school year since I couldn't just swim whenever I wanted and I've just always swam. So it's going to be hard for sure but I am sure I will be able to survive. I can still bike! =D Well....after that first month haha.
My brother Daniel came over tonight. *brief up* We've known each other since the summer between 6th and 7th grade and this kid has always, always stuck to my side. He definitely knows how I work and he never backs away. I know that he'll always have faith in me, even when I don't have faith in myself and feel like no one else does. We have wayyyyy too many inside jokes and we can always laugh together. He's such a great guy! Anyway, he came over tonight and we talked for a couple of hours. He really helped me out with some things I've been having a hard time with and then we just talked, and messed around and laughed. It was so needed. That kid, never ceases to amaze me haha.
In my weakest moments, I Keep Moving Forward
No comments:
Post a Comment