Week 1:
Monday was the Fourth of July and it was a lot of fun! We really just spent the day together and when evening rolled around, we walked up to the park and watched the Alpine firework show. Seriously, you can't get a better show than sitting at the park on 100 South in Alpine watching the entire city light their giant packs all at once. Way exciting. We bought jumbo sparklers for Melia to
use this year and she loved it! I had to be sure to remind her (more than a few times) that she needs to keep her arm straight in front of her and to not point it at anyone. She really did pretty well. There were a couple times that she got excited about it and wanted to show me...that was a little close and made me nervous. But she never stuck it in her own face, so for that I am grateful. Ellie did really well with all the fireworks, too. She just kind of laid in Scott's lap and watched without complaint. Honestly, the only time she did complain is when we turned her away and she couldn't see all the fireworks haha.
The Friday of this week Tyler and Hannah had a little going away party for the family around. Since Tyler and Hannah (at the time) were about to move to Georgia, they wanted to do one more family activity. It was pretty fun. We went to a little park in Lehi, ate our food and played around. We brought Melia's giant chalk bucket we got for her at Easter and we all kind of migrated to the
sidewalk to draw and Scott and I took turns playing on the playground with Melia. The park there was still a little too big for Melia; had a lot of "big kid" slides that I wasn't comfortable with her doing by herself, but that's what we are there for! She had a lot of fun. It was nice to see everyone there for a little bit.
Obviously this week was pretty slow since I jumped from Monday to Friday =D Oh man. Part of that will be because Melia was sick with a pretty bad cold all week. She was suuuuuuper stuffed up and we had to give her medicine to clear her sinuses before bed if we wanted to get any sleep. So I just stayed home with the girls all week. But! On Saturday, a long time friend of mine had her baby shower! Yay! That was fun. As a family, we went shopping beforehand for our weekly shopping trip. While we were bagging up some of our produce, I see Melia in the corner of my eye taking a bite of a peach right there on the stand. Sooooooooo we bought the peach. Which wasn't even close to ripe. But hey, at least it was just one peach and I saw it happen haha. Otherwise that would be gross. Let this be a lesson to you all - wash your produce. You never know what 2 year old has been munching on it at the store.
Week 2:
This week had a little more activity to it. On Monday, July 11th, Ellie rolled over! Yay! Milestone. She has done it again only a few more times since then, but she's definitely progressing! Mostly, she just wants to be on her feet or sitting up, so I'm having a hard time getting her to do anything else. I keep telling everyone that Ellie is going to be crawling way ahead of the game because she practically is already. She just doesn't have the strength to keep her head up for as long as she needs to, but she can get herself from point A to point B pretty quickly by pushing herself with her feet and she will move her arms along too.
On Wednesday, I went over to an old friends house. I knew her in elementary school through high school. She is older than me, but she was always so nice and I really enjoyed the interaction we had (though little) through track. Anyway, she has two little girls as well; one is just a couple months older than Melia and her youngest is almost 1. So we went over for a play date and it was a lot of fun. Haha. Oh man, two year old girls are funny. They did not want ANYTHING to do with each other for the first 10 minutes. "No, that's my toy, you can't play with it," kind of stuff. But Brittany pulled out the snacks and all was right in the world again. They totally loved running around together and talking in their cute toddler language.
Saturday was our family hike day and we went to Cascade Springs. I was pretty excited about it, but it ended up being way more stressful than it needed to be. We were super rushed and Melia was a pain all the way. We origianlly had planned the whole day around the hike, but we had some space filled with us wanting to try and go to the temple and Tyler and Hannah needing us to watch Sammy so they could go to the temple. The Springs were beautiful, but we had to powerwalk through it and it wasn't fully appreciated. So we decided we will go back this season and try again on a day that we actually have all the time in the world. But! When we got home, it was so fun watching Sammy. He was a little stressed when Tyler and Hannah left, but Scott took him outside to look at the cars and walk around the house a little bit. It took Sammy a little while to warm up to me after I was able to help, but I told him about the horses (actually mules) across the street and that got him pretty excited. Melia had fallen asleep on the way back from our hike and when she woke up, we got her and Sammy in sprinkler appropriate clothing and let them run around outside in the sprinklers. Ooooooh they loved it! Melia, being her favorite activity, went right in running around and giggling. Sammy was a little more timid and it was actually precious. Melia kept taking his hand and walking him through the sprinkler! Scott would also take him by the hands and spin him around in the sprinkler. After a few minutes, Sammy knew excatly what was going on and couldn't get enough of the water!
It was a lot of fun and gave us all a good day with Sammy before they moved away.
Sunday, we kind of invited ourselves to Aunt Dawnette's up in Ogden. I was a little nervous about making a ride that long without having a potty accident, but we made it!! We also drove up with Tyler and Hannah. They put Sammy's seat in the back and we all drove up together. I drove because I get carsick really easily so Scott and Tyler played their chess game the entire drive there and back haha. Hannah was able to nap, which is always a good thing to do on a car ride. Dawnette's was really fun! Lo and JD came, Fran and Christopher were there, as well as Savannah, Grandpa and Katie and obviously Dawnetter and Stephan and their son Tyler for a little bit, too. We ate a yummy dinner, watched Zootopia, played some card games and just hung out. It was a good little trip!
Week 3:
This week was also pretty busy. Pretty much every day, I had something planned. But busy is good! On Monday, we had a school wide coaches meeting that went from 9am-2pm. That's a long meeting. I was hopeful that it wouldn't actually take that long, but it did, and then some. I got home around 3pm after it was all said and done. It was good though. I took Ellie with me because I am exclusively breastfeeding and that is a long time to go without nursing. I knew I couldn't really pump while at the meeting, but I could sit in the back and nurse easily. I just strapped Ellie in my Honest Co. baby carrier (which I LOVE so much!) and she slept most of the time. She did manage to spit up all over someone there that had asked if she could hold Ellie. So that was funny haha. Really though, Ellie was a doll the whole time and it made my life really easy. Oh. Except I was pretty silly and didn't check my wipes stock before I left and when I had to change a poopy diaper, realized I had no, none, not one single wipe. So I had to use wet paper towels. It worked, but I definitely got frustrated with myself.
This week I also had a lovely kiss attack from Melia. Oh that girl is so sweet. Her heart it so big and she has so much love. She will often just sit and kiss and kiss and kiss over again before bed. It's really cute. But this was a different level. Melia just couldn't hold back any kisses and kept going for like 10 minutes! I LOVED IT! I LOVE HER!
Tuesday was not so exciting. Scott let me know he was on his way home from work with 3% battery life left on his phone and two minutes later I got a call from him. I had my phone in the bedroom charging and heard his ringtone and just thought to myself, "Oh no, something is wrong." When I called him back, he didn't answer so I got even more worried. I called again and was able to reach
him this time. He had told me that he was on the side of the road with the car broken down. He told me something hot had sprayed up his leg. So I took the girls upstairs and explained to my mom what happened (he had called her already since he couldn't reach me) and started to get ready to go. Melia kept asking me if she could help me "Rescue Daddy" and I couldn't resist her cuteness so I put some pants on her and packed her up with me. We got to Scott, all lonely on the side of the road, and he called our insurance and got it set up for the car to be towed to the nearest shop. We went home and waited for the news. We got a call the next morning; the damage done was going to cost more than the value of the car; our little PT Cruiser was totaled. So we're down to one car again, which isn't easy, but it's manageable. If I need the car for the day, and also need to take the girls with me, I take Scott to work. If I can manage, or just need to take a quick trip without the girls, my mom let's me borrow her car.
Thursday, I had a dentist appointment. I had discovered some black spots on my gums that had stuck around for a few days so I decided I should get it checked out. Funny enough, one of the spots was a piece of pepper stuck under my gums haha. Yes, really. But the dentist had to cut it out, so that's why I couldn't get it. The other spot is a plugged salivary gland he said and it should resolve itself on it's own. After that was all sorted out, I asked if we could take some x-rays since the last appointment I had, I was still pregnant with Ellie and didn't want them to take any. So they did, and one of them showed an inflammation in the roots around the tooth I had my root canal done. There is an entire history behind this tooth of literally years. It started to hurt, I went to the dentist, he told me it was a cavity, he filled it. Six months later, still hurt, he filled it again. Another six months, it still hurt, I went to a new dentist. That dentist said, "Your other dentist is stupid, you need a root canal." Get the root canal done. One year of pain, finally get something else done for it. But it still bothered me. Another year went by, I was told to use sensitivity toothpaste. Still bothered me. I was told my gums are receeding and to continue to use sensitivity toothpaste. It would STILL bother me. I switched dentists again (current dentist) and I've been going to him for a year now and have brought up the pain in my root canal tooth. He prescribed a sensitivity toothpaste that seemed to help...for a little bit. But it still bothered me. Unfortunately, because I was pregnant, I couldn't get xrays. FINALLY three and a half years after I first started having problems with it, the problem was solved. I made an appointment to see a root canal specialist and the next week, I would have it fixed. Finally.
Friday I had my first swim lesson of the season. I was pretty excited about it! I love teaching swim lessons and it felt great to be back in the water. This is a family I have taught for a couple years now and I was excited when she reached out to me to teach her kids again. It is so fun to see them grow and progress year after year.
Saturday, I decided I didn't have enough pool time and took Melia to the pool in the afternoon. She loved it and I loved it! I took it upon myself to take some time to teach her some general water safety. Melia is stubborn as heck and has a hard time listening to me. But, we are getting
somewhere. She will go underwater with me; she doesn't like it. I can get her to blow bubbles and get her nose in the water. She is a typical toddler in the water and doesn't like to get her eyes wet or her ears wet. We are working on that. Melia also hates being on her back in the water; also really typical. When we were done learning, Melia and I went down the big red slide several times and she played on the water playground. She had so much fun. I loved taking her.
Later Saturday, we went to the park with my parents for a BBQ. My mom made sloppy joes and brought some watermelon and chips to go along with our little picnic. Melia loves picnics so it took no time convincing her to go. We snagged our nerf guns and frisbee and played and ate and had a good time.
Week 4:
We are coming to a close for the month and this week was another one that had a lot to it. Monday, I had another coaches meeting with just the swim coaches. It is Sam as the head coach, myself, and the new orchestra teacher at LP as the third coach. The meeting could have started out better; I prepped Melia ALL DAY for it, but of course when it came down to it, she flipped out. Cried and cried for ten minutes. She is so fun and loves attention, but she has to want it. If she decides she is going to be shy, she doesn't want anything to do with anyone new. Once she settled down and Scott came home, we were able to get things done.
On Thursday, I had my root canal redone. The specialist took a 360 xray and was able to find a hidden root canal that was infected; that was my problem. Luckily he was able to find it, drain it and fix it. I was pretty sore and couldn't chew on the left side of my mouth for quite some time, but I got over it and my tooth feels better!! I am sooooo happy. It is so nice.
On Friday night, there was a big Siebach family reunion. I mean, BIG. There were so many people there I had only heard of, and some I never heard of haha. We were only there for about an hour, but it was fun. We grabbed some Sweeto Burrito on the way up and just hung out for a little bit. It was fun. We didn't really go too far out of our comfort zone and stuck to the family members we already knew haha. But it was really cool to see how many Siebach's are around. We're everywhere!

On Saturday, our "hike" was going to the Hogle Zoo with my mom and Kara. Melia loves the zoo. I love the zoo! Who doesn't love the zoo?! What's even cooler, is that Melia and I were able to FEED A GIRAFFE! Um, hello. Dream come true. It was a lot of fun. We were able to go ealier than we usually make it and because of that, we were able to see a lot more animals. But man was it hoooottt. We had a lot of fun, though. We were able to make it through the entire park and grab some lunch on the way home, too. It was really great! Later that afternoon, we met with our friend Mike for dinner at Cafe Rio while he was here visiting. Mike is so sweet and always has a little gift for Melia. This time, he brought her some lifesaver gummies, a bouncy ball and a really cute block puzzle of Mickey Mouse and friends! Every time she has another gummie or plays with her puzzle, she is sure to tell me who gave them to her. Haha. That girl. Sunday we had an early start. My cousin Derek got home from his mission this week and his homecoming was Sunday. I always love going to my Aunt Heidi's house. There is so much to do and her yard is gorgeous. Melia loves to explore outside play with their playground and dog, Autum. It's just a fun place! We were there for most of the day and Melia had tons of fun. The food was good, the company was great, the games were fun. We all learned that Tim and I are awful at pool. Haha. Brandon had to save the game and finish it off for us. But hey, we had fun, even if it took an hour to play a game of pool! While we were playing the never ending game of pool, Melia was playing with my cousin Jared. He is marvelous with kids! He just entertained every idea she gave him and at one point, he showed her the light sabers they have. Oooooh boy was that a catch. Melia LOVED them! She was totally into the fighting thing and she absolutely NEEDED the blue light saber. She was making sound effects while she was fighting with him and everything. She could hardly swing the thing though, it was so much bigger than her and they are pretty heavy. It also didn't help that she was giggling uncontrollably during the duration of their fight. Oh but it was cute =]
Week 5:
Not much happened this week, except health issues for me. I had a hard, golf ball sized lump in my breast that I had to get drained and tested on Tuesday. Yuck. Turns out that everything is ok, there is no infection, and I basically just have to wait for it to work itself out. My doctor prescribed me an antibiotic to take as well as a pretty high dose of ibprofen to take to help it go down. It's gotten better, but man did it get bad for awhile.
It has been a slow month, but somehow still busy. Ellie get cuter every day and Melia loves her more every day. It is unbelievable how much Ellie smiles and it is contagious. She is starting to giggle and she talks a lot more. All Ellie wants is to stand up, look around, and smile. Melia's patience has grown tremendously and she still tells me all the time how much she loves her sister and continues to give her hugs and asks to hold her all the time. Ellie is a really great sleeper and we get pretty consistent nights out of her. She still needs her reflux medicine, but she's getting better every day, as long as I give it to her, she doesn't seem to spit up as much and she's actually burping instead of spitting up. She's growing like a weed and I keep telling myself I am going to pull out our 3-6 month clothes, but never find time to do it. Melia is also growing "BIG AND STRONG" as she would say and she is officially, officially out of 2T clothes. I could sort of get away with putting her in 2T shirts for awhile, but honestly, by the time Ellie was born, Melia was too big for 2T shirts. Melia is in 4T clothing mostly and size 8 shoes! Her hair is beautiful, her eyes are bright and curious, and she loves to play outside. Melia has a personality that can't be forgotten and heart of gold. We are very blessed to have these beautiful girls and to call them ours. We love our little family and together, we Keep Moving Forward












No comments:
Post a Comment