Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Three Little Pigs

Merrily we skip along this path of life.  Three months ago today, Little Miss joined our lives and changed them for the better.  It is insane to think it's been three months already; seriously it is flying by.  Things from now on are (probably) not going to be as structured because, well,  I've gotten a little sloppy in the weeks.  Last week to me really is like three weeks ago sooooo...here's what's new in the home of the Christensen's.

Melia is happy as can be and super chatty.  There was a week where she didn't really want to talk very much, but she got passed that and now we talk all the time.  She is very cute about it.  She doesn't like it when you don't talk to her.  For instance, when yesterday Kelsie came over and we went on a walk.  Melia slept most the time, but near the end of the walk she woke up.  Kelsie and I continued our conversation as we had been and Melia just started chatting away as loud as she could, trying to get our attention.  It's really cute, I just have to laugh when she does that.  I just can't wait for her to start blurting words out and laughing.  She is SO CLOSE to laughing!  I can't even wait.  Seriously.  Melia is also getting so big.  She is just chubby as can be and so long.  We're to the point where we're starting to put her in some of her 6 month clothing.  She even fits in one of her 12 month dresses!  Can you believe that?  She's so cute.  I just love her.

Ok, ok.  So we all know I could talk forever about my girly.  But something incredibly important happened this past month.  We FINALLY got around to blessing Melia.  It was so special.  The days leading up to it were a little stressful though.  Because we waited to bless her, we were nervous that we weren't going to find a dress that would fit her.  This nervousness led us to bringing her into the store where we found this beautiful dress to have her try it on.  We got her in it just fine, and it fit around her neck just fine as well.  So we were pretty excited about it.  As we were taking it out to try on another dress, she puked.  All over the dress.  So....we bought it.  Luckily!  It was my favorite one and it is just gorgeous and so elegant.  So we got home, put her dress in the closet and waited for the day to come.  The morning of, we planned to get up at 7:30 since our church is at 9:00 to be sure we had PLENTY of time to get ready.  Time to feed her, time to change her diaper, everything.  So we set a couple alarms Saturday night and went to bed.  Melia woke up at 5:00 to eat then went right back to bed so I was feeling pretty good.  Next thing I know, my dream is telling me that I'm late for church, that my outfit doesn't match, that I haven't showered yet, etc.  All this weird stuff by these people who were going to be there and people I haven't seen in years.  I woke up in a panic, grabbed my phone....it was 8:10.  8:10.  We had virtually no time to get ready and get to church on time.  I FLEW through the shower.  I think I took a three minute shower.  I then hurried and got my hair done and my (very little) make up on and went to get Melia out of bed to feed her and change her.  By this time, Scott was already out of the shower and mostly ready.  I am freaking out here because we need to leave to get to church on time by like 8:40.  We planned to change her into her blessing dress at the church building because it's too long to fit into the car seat.  So we were pressed for time.  Amazingly enough, we got showered, Melia fed, changed and packed up and were out the door by 8:40.  Tell me how that happened.  Miracle.  Seriously.  Her blessing was beautiful.  After the Sacrament meeting ended, my parents hosted a luncheon for family to attend.  It was fun to see everyone pass Melia around and just "Oooo" and "Awww" over her.  I love that day.  I do.


Next big thing in the Christensen home.  I started work again!  Yup!  I've been back for almost a week now and I returned to the pool to teach swim lessons.  Ohhhh I am just loving it!  Nice and tan, spend my time in the water with kids, swimming, doing what I love.  It is also helping me get back in shape.  I've dedicated a half an hour of my time after lessons are over to work out and swim laps.  I've been doing pretty good this week and I feel good.  Each day I can swim a little farther in the time I have.  It's so great.  I am loving it. 


Life is slowly coming back together. The past three nights have been a little harder though.  We started sleep training with Melia.  To be honest, I thought it was going to be a lot harder.  The first two nights were simply establishing a routine; getting her used to what was going to happen before bed.  Change her diaper, put bedtime lotion on her, put her in her pajamas, read a book, sing our lullaby and go to bed.  Pretty simple.  So night one and two were pretty good.  We let her fall completely asleep before putting her down.  Night three was the hard one; do your routine, then put her down regardless of whether or not she was totally asleep.  She did not like that.  The moment I put her down and walked away she cried and cried.  Thirty minutes she cried.  Then she was fine.  I thought I was going to be in tears and anxious and just so ready to go check on her.  Don't get me wrong, I was definitely counting the minutes; after 15 minutes I could check on her.  Oooooh I checked on her.  But I couldn't give her her binkie, pick her up or anything.  So I just sat there for a minute, talked to her and let her know she was okay.  Half an hour isn't so bad.  At least, not in my eyes.  I did okay with it.  Last night was night four and she did a lot better.  We did our routine, put her down and she was quite for a few minutes.  She then started crying but it only lasted for 7 minutes.  WOO!  What an improvement.  It almost makes me excited for tonight.  

Everything is just great.  It's been a fun month; lots of new and exciting things are happening.  And as these exciting things happen in our lives, we will Keep Moving Forward.





No comments:

Post a Comment