Wednesday, August 10, 2011

As Summer Ends

So this summer has been all over the place for me.  From feeling broken, missing school, seeing old friends, getting my surgery, having sleepovers with my cast, and seeing famous people in grocery stores.  Being sick practically the entire summer and teaching children how to swim...and to be just as crazy as I am to meeting new people, making better friends, drama beyond comprehension, meeting the greatest guy ever, pretending to drown every now and then, waking up at 4:30, having the time of my life, letting things just start new and fresh, being myself again and seeing two of my best, best friends get married; I would say my summer has been pretty darn great.  


This past week has been full of adventures for sure.  I spent an entire week home alone, played boss at work one morning, killed a few spiders, was introduced to Brian Regan, went to my best friends wedding, spent an entire day in my swim suit...even though I got off work at 12:00, dyed my hair red, bought a kitten with Sarah Mystacious Frye, I finished working for the summer, saw one of my great friends from college, and move on Sunday night.  


So my dad's side of the family had a family "campout" this last week.  My parents got home Sunday evening.  This "campout" though was like..."Let's stay in the awesomely huge cabin then go hiking and boating" kind of a thing and I had to miss it because of work.  My parents said that it was great though.  They had the place to themselves the first two nights before everyone else head up so they were able to just kind of relax and do the things they wanted.  I...on the other hand.  Seemed to be super, crazy busy that entire week.  I like, don't even understand how that all happened.  I had work every morning, some afternoons, a bunch of shopping and cooking and lot's of things happened.  I don't remember the days things played out either....so that's cool.  


What I can tell you is, yes, I did in fact kill 2 spiders this week.  Being home alone, having to fend for myself...I was able to muster the strength to kill two spiders.  Ewww, it was gross.  One of them I didn't notice until it had just crawled on over the top of my hand.  *shudder.*  Spiders are just gross.  Anyway, it was like a dance party after that.  I dropped all that I was holding, squealed a little bit, grabbed my shoe and jumped around and smashed it.  It was a funny sight I am sure.  Unfortunately...no one was there to see it.  The next spider I think I just kind of smashed....it wasn't as dramatic for sure haha.  


This last week I also met Scott's fambam.  They are big quoters and I just enjoy listening to when they get into that all. Once upon a time, though, they were quoting Brian Regan and I didn't know what they were talking about and so we watched Brian Regan.  Hehehe.  He's a funny man, I can tell you that much.  That was a great story, don't you think? 


Ok!  That following morning, I worked the morning shift and went on a doughnut run with Michael Cormier.  Haha.  We just kind of went and bought doughnuts.  No big deal really.  He's pretty tight and I really liked when we worked the same time.  But, this was the same morning there was no head guard.  Michael and I just kind of ran the place.  I wrote out the schedule and made sure there were enough guards, called Joey and let him know what was up, we unlocked everything and cleaned the guard room, fridge, freezer AND the gross microwave and we did the rotations.  We couldn't do the chemicals and clean the barrels, because we don't have the keys/slash I don't remember how to.  *shrugs.* It all worked out in the end anyway. 


He. Is. Adorable.
One day...I was teaching children how to swim.  After work, I decided it was a good idea to get a Subway sandwich; so I did.  I called Sarah and ended up going to her house to eat it.  Then I fell asleep for like, a half hour...then, we went to Arby's.  Then, we bought a kitten, Snickers.  Then we shopped around for Snickers.  We thennnn ended up stopping by Highland Fling and FINALLY I got to go home and shower.  Scott was sicky that day so I went to his house and hung out with his fambam.  We sang for a little bit, had some ice cream, played Pit (which is pretty intense....actually) then watched Brian Regan!  Hahaha.  Oh that was such a great night. 


I am obviously way too awesome.
So my hair is red-ish.  Emphasis on the "ish"  It's weird because it actually is fairly close to my natural hair color with a tint of red.  When I am out in the sun, you can tell, but inside it just looks dark.  *shrugs.  I enjoy it.  I didn't like how light it had gotten.  I was practically blonde....in my opinion at least haha.  Anyway, now it is dark, and I enjoy it much. 


This describes how we are exactly.
Random, weird, crazy...awesome =]
OK!!! Story of the week.  Last night I receive an extremely excited phone call from Brent.  I answer and he frantically says, "Hannah!! OH MY GOSH!  Go back to the church RIGHT NOW! I just saw you!" And I'm thinking to myself, "What church, where?  I'm still in my guard suit and have been home all afternoon."  Hahaha.  He was in Payson and apparently saw someone who looked just like me.  But hey, it was cool because Brent was one of my great friends in school and he is just an adventure pack so we went to breakfast this morning at IHOP.  Haha.  Then rode my moped for like, 3 minutes.  Up the hill...down the hill.  It was good though.  He leaves August 24th for his mission!  North Carolina!  Hahaha, it's so perfect for him.  He's way excited.  



Best friends.  Always.
So Courtney got married!!  Yay for marriage!  =D  Awww, it was so precious.  She was absolutely beautiful.  Gorgeous!  She looked radiant and it was so fun to hear all about the sealing.  I wish so badly that I could have been in there with her.  But I am glad I was able to see her, beautiful and beaming; alongside to her new hubby.  He's so quite, it's funny.  =P  They're golden for each other.  His quite nature kind of brings her out a little bit...which brings him out a little bit.  Eventually, they won't be so quite.  I think I scared him a little bit the first time we met.  As you know, I am just kind of crazy and when Court and I are together, we are both crazy.  The first time I met JakeCourt and I hadn't seen each other since our sleepover long ago near the beginning of the summer so we were chattering away and laughing and dying and being silly.  Hahaha.  Jake was just there, listening to it all while she and I just kept going.  It was fun.  The same thing happened not long after when we doubled.  Court and I went crazy while Jake and Scott just listened to it all.  =]  It's just what happens.  But OH MY WORD!  I was so excited for her all day long and could not stop thinking about it.  I talked to her forever, hugged her a million times, definitely caught the bouquet, and just enjoyed seeing her be all excited about her new life!  



Well, this is my last week home.  I move on Sunday back down to Provo.  I have just a little bit of my class left...which I am stressing, but am getting it done.  I have two papers and the test left.  I suppose it shouldn't be too bad...but ugh.  I just.  Boo for procrastinating.  I wish I could have taken it on campus because that would have made life a lot easier....but I just won't get into that whole problem...I'll get it done and all will be well!! =D




I've got a good support system, a positive outlook and a goal insight to work for.  I will just Keep Moving Forward

No comments:

Post a Comment